First but not likely the last aoudad

Indyal

1FB2F115-D736-4429-B21C-30A6770E6BEB.jpeg
Hunted west Texas. Planned on long range spot and stalk. My guide spotted this ram at over 300 yards on another hillside but was trotting along.and was difficult to judge his size. I could not get into a shooting position. We keep maneuvering down the hill we were on and could only get brief looks at him. Suddenly he appeared quartering towards us at 80 yards I put three rounds into him while in a squatting then standing position with my 300WM. So glad that I practiced shooting out to 700 yds.

It's very addictive. I am planning another. Because of the terrain, this is a good hunt to teach spot and stalk to novice hunters. But they do have to able to potentially shoot 400-500 yards

Lol mine was the same experience. Had all my long range gear ready. Had a few over 400 we passed on. Only to have the one I took only 120 yards squatting down also. Lol seemed harder than the 400 yards shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts