First Bull Elk

Thanks to everybody for the congrats...it's really appreciated. The only reason I said "first and last" Bull Elk was purely about the cost. Physically, I'm probably good for a few more years. I have been hunting cows on the Apache reservation the last few years and the cost is $1200 - 1300, total. I'm retired USA and putting out $10K for a hunt is a big chunk of change. I don't need the antlers as much as the meat.

Nice bull!
Shot my first bull at 58 this fall, got a reality check when it came to cutting him up and hauling him 2 miles uphill to truck. I can and did haul out an antelope and mule deer buck out but an elk is a whole different critter, lucky for me i had help with the elk!
You sir give me hope a guy can still be gettingrdone for many more year😎

Well, my hunt is over. I had a hunt in NM Unit 2C....which I guess pretty mild terrain by Elk standards. Just what this old 74 year old needed anyways. Our camp was at 6100', more or less. That unit is in the NW corner, south of Bloomfield. Everything there is really DRY right now. I shot a 6x6 which may have scored just under 300, nobody really measured, which they tell me is big for unit 2C. He was old, his teeth really worn down, and a couple of broken tines (which would of helped the score I guess). Not a record by any chance, but I was happy to get him...my first, and probably last Bull Elk.
Sorry about the side-ways pics, didn't know how to rotate them.
Any bull is a good bull if it is in your freezer!

Well, my hunt is over. I had a hunt in NM Unit 2C....which I guess pretty mild terrain by Elk standards. Just what this old 74 year old needed anyways. Our camp was at 6100', more or less. That unit is in the NW corner, south of Bloomfield. Everything there is really DRY right now. I shot a 6x6 which may have scored just under 300, nobody really measured, which they tell me is big for unit 2C. He was old, his teeth really worn down, and a couple of broken tines (which would of helped the score I guess). Not a record by any chance, but I was happy to get him...my first, and probably last Bull Elk.
Sorry about the side-ways pics, didn't know how to rotate them.
I know I am late in my reply. Congratulations. Tell us more share your exciting days.