First Build Complete

Well, she's all together. General goal for the build is a long range gun for hunting and the occasional PRS match. I should be taking her out for a test run this weekend. This if my first build and it's on a budget, just not a budget I stuck with. Overall, very happy with the components. Now to see if it shoots as good as it looks.

Since a lot of people, myself included are always curious of cost I've put what I paid next to each item.

Remington 700 Sendero SF II 300 Win Mag - $1180 shipped
Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD - $840 shipped
Vortex Scope Bubble - $35
Vortex Scope Caps (Size 5 and 7) - $18 for the pair
Seekins 700 Long Action 20 MOA Scope Base - $95
Seekins 30mm .87" Matched Rings - $119
Harris Bipod S Series 6-9" Swivel, Notched - $100
FTW Sling - $130
FTW Rear Bag - $25
Pelican 1750 - $215 delivered

First ammo to be fed through will be:
Hornady Match 178gr A-MAX
Hornady Match 195gr Custom BTHP
Barnes Precision Match 220gr Open Tip Match Boat Tail

8G12t70l.jpg

I0S59o9l.jpg

That should be a good setup for hunting at distance. The 300 Win Mag is good and can be used on a lot of game.

How do you like the Vortex scope, as I have been thinking of getting one for my 7mm.

Have you checked the trigger yet?

Very interesting break down of the costs that you had into the rifle, and you have not even shot it yet.

The scope appears clear and very well built. It definitely met the requirements I laid out when searching for glass. Beyond that Vortex's warranty is top notch and that means a lot to me.

As for the cost breakdown I did that because when I started researching to buy my first setup everyone's "budget build" was drastically different and nobody really said what their budget was. I just hope it helps some people.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.