First Buck

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
I received this picture from a good customer this weekend. Mike had his grandson a 260 built. He took his first buck with it all by his self. Mekhi is only 7. Hope he has a slight idea of how lucky he is to be hunting with a complete custom rifle at his age. Good shooting Mekhi. Hope to see more pictures in the future.

Attachments

• IMG950584 copy.jpg
    IMG950584 copy.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 91
Thank you Dan for the post. And the building of all the new memory's to come with the beautiful and extremely accurate.260. I am Mekhi's grand paw and have been working with him for a while now shooting water jugs and so on. For 7 years old Mekhi is showing to be a very good shooter. We hunt in Arkansas and his shot was 150 yards held by his self off of a window sill shooting a 140 Berger and let me tell you WOW that was very easy to find deer. The blood trail was one of the best I have ever seen. I truly think we are creating a new long range shooter. Thanks again guys. This forum means the world to us.

Congratulations! It is always great to see youngsters with a smile that big from their first buck. My oldest shot his first buck last year at eleven years old with a 6mm remington using handloaded 100 grain nosler partition Spitzer. The 5 point was about 75 yards. This year's my 3rd son who is also 7 shot his first buck on the first day while sitting with my dad. It was a 6 point at about 40 yards. He did by himself my dad told me. I was really proud and it just makes me happy to see youngsters enjoying the sport instead of being couch potatoes.

That's fantastic glad to hear about youall's success. Looks like he hits right where he supposed to as well.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Re: First Buck. Now first elk.

Well it's been a while since I have wrote anything but I'm gonna send out a little praise.
Dan with dans custom Guns has done it again. My grand son killed his first elk this year with his custom 260 Dan built. 188 yards all by his self. Blew all our minds. He loves his gun. We also had Dan build a 257 weather by rifle. Holy crap it shoots so good we can't believe it. I own a outfitting business and sometimes have to loan my Guns to clients for one Reason or another and everyone of them can't believe the quality and accuracy.. I would like if someone could walk me thru how to add my grandsons pictures of his elk. I'm using iPad Pro and would love to share but not sure how.

Here is how you need to attach a picture.

Hit reply to post.

Write any text you want like "See pictures"

Then below your current box, below submit reply, you will see if you scroll down, Additional Options. In the second sub window you will see Attach File. Click Manage attachments and then a small window opens. Hit Browse. Only pick one picture at a time and then hit upload. If you have more pictures to add, hit browse again and then upload. When done with pictures, close that small window, scroll up to your text and hit Submit Reply.

Roger

Seal sniper thanks for the help. I hope everyone has someone they trust like we do Dan in building there Guns. I'm having a new one built a 300 ultra mag. I'm excited to shoot the mile with Dan and his friends. I probably will have to have my grandson show me how to keep calm.lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.