First antelope hunt a success w/pic's

joseph,
I used an old accurized .308 with 175gr Berger VLD hunting bullets. The MV was 2680 out of a 26" barrel using Fed cases, 210m Fed primers, and 44.5gr of IMR 4064, seated at .005 jump. I could only get 1 rd in the mag with 1 in the chamber because they were too long.

Chase1,
Thanks. Day 2 and 3 were just about perfect in the morning until the wind picked up in the afternoon to about 30mph. I can't wait until next year.

Gordon
Niceville, FL

Wow what a hunt, that must have been awsome! Wyoming is pretty much idea for lrh. I really want to go hunt there sometime. Congrats on the diy hunt! I be that just made it all so much better.

Oliver

joseph,
I used an old accurized .308 with 175gr Berger VLD hunting bullets. The MV was 2680 out of a 26" barrel using Fed cases, 210m Fed primers, and 44.5gr of IMR 4064, seated at .005 jump. I could only get 1 rd in the mag with 1 in the chamber because they were too long.

Chase1,
Thanks. Day 2 and 3 were just about perfect in the morning until the wind picked up in the afternoon to about 30mph. I can't wait until next year.

Gordon
Niceville, FL

The .308 is a good round.

Next fall I'm taking my 6mm Norma BR. and my .243 WSSM and maybe my Browning BAR in 30-06 even though I really want to use the 6mm Norma BR.

There was a show on the "Outdoor Channel" about hunting without guides in north west Wyoming for elk. They also saw mule deer and pronghorns. Looks like a great way to hunt.

joseph

Do you plan on hunting the same area? Hunting it the same way?

I went by NiceVille once on my way back from Crystal River, FL. My brother lived there. Very LONG Drive!! I was pushing it on the way down, stopped in Shreveport for a nap, drove steady the rest of the way. It took me over 40 hours with the stop at Shreveport.

Do you plan on hunting the same area? Hunting it the same way?

I went by NiceVille once on my way back from Crystal River, FL. My brother lived there. Very LONG Drive!! I was pushing it on the way down, stopped in Shreveport for a nap, drove steady the rest of the way. It took me over 40 hours with the stop at Shreveport.

I hope to hunt the same general region. It depends on what I draw. If you mean driving and camping out of my vehicle, yes. It was worth every mile. This year I hope to hunt out West longer than I did in 09.

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts