first 2 of the year.

bigdaddyWSM

Ran out to a piece of public land a couple miles out of town, hid pickup in ditch & walked in about a mile. trying different sounds this year to change up a bit since this area gets hit a lot so I used fox pup distress, sounded nice & knarly. after 24 minutes spotted the 1st of 4 coyotes coming in from my 1:00 O clock. while waiting for them to come in, a single came in from directly left of me within 5 ft. from call & winded my scent on call, it took off & I barked & yipped but no stopping it so let it go, didn't want to educate it so I waited for the others. finally 2 came in directly in front of me about 200 yards on a side hill
2020coyotes.jpg
, I barked, they stopped & I shot the 1st, ran my bolt & shot the other before he knew what was going on. the 4th after all the commotion stayed back & wouldn't come in so I left it for seed. The 6mmCM hammered them.

Ran out to a piece of public land a couple miles out of town, hid pickup in ditch & walked in about a mile. trying different sounds this year to change up a bit since this area gets hit a lot so I used fox pup distress, sounded nice & knarly. after 24 minutes spotted the 1st of 4 coyotes coming in from my 1:00 O clock. while waiting for them to come in, a single came in from directly left of me within 5 ft. from call & winded my scent on call, it took off & I barked & yipped but no stopping it so let it go, didn't want to educate it so I waited for the others. finally 2 came in directly in front of me about 200 yards on a side hillView attachment 219672, I barked, they stopped & I shot the 1st, ran my bolt & shot the other before he knew what was going on. the 4th after all the commotion stayed back & wouldn't come in so I left it for seed. The 6mmCM hammered them.
Nice shooting ,love SD,saw a bunch in Armour pheasant hunting.

Very nice.

I slung an arrow at a young pair last week and missed from 80 yards...not a big surprise.

They weren't very spooked and eased off into the brush. I gave them a few minutes then retrieved my AR. I returned and started lightly calling. Five minutes later I had a dead yote.

Another public land quickie. Here's a single young male that was challenge howling me ( high pitched & thought it was a female) came in on a string & shot at 120 yards with my sons backup NRL rifle in 6.5 CM and my 6mm CM at same time, he had a little face/chest damage.
School land coyote.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.