Firing Solution in Cold Weather for LRH Without my Phone?

I have a Bushnell ARC 1Mile LRF binocular in 10 x 42. It's "OK" but has a limited library of cartridge groups (6 or 7) .

My Recommendation:
LEICA HD-B 3000 in 10 x 42
This is THE best LRF binocular going, better than the Swarovski because you can enter your SPECIFIC rifle ballistics on their Micro SD card held in an SD holder and inserted in your computer. You use Leica's website ballistics table to enter your data such as average velocity, BC, grains, caliber, etc.

The binoculars have many sensors such as temperature, air pressure, inclinometer, coriolis effect (W/ compass heading) and all you need is wind dope where you are, as it it the most important wind reading.

Eric B.

A lot of these "solutions " are only good for one situation. What if the temperature changes, or your elevation, shot angle, direction. Even when you enter in wind it will slightly change your elevation. The sig KILO2400ABS and the Gunworks G7 account for those. As do the Leica Binoculars

The Sig 2400abs has changed my life. There's some work involved to calibrate to each rifles profile. At very long distances (1000+ yards)same target, it'll give slightly different dope depending on humidity, temperature, barometric pressure, the stars alignment, political BS in the air etc...
It's always spot on when done correctly

Because it factors in baremetric pressure does that mean that it will adjust for elevation changes ? ?

Because it factors in baremetric pressure does that mean that it will adjust for elevation changes ? ?
Yes, pressure is how altitude is measured

A lot of these "solutions " are only good for one situation. What if the temperature changes, or your elevation, shot angle, direction. Even when you enter in wind it will slightly change your elevation. The sig KILO2400ABS and the Gunworks G7 account for those. As do the Leica Binoculars
Umm, that's what a kestrel does.
Knowing elevation changes because of wind is part of making your wind call

Yes, pressure is how altitude is measured

Umm, that's what a kestrel does.
Knowing elevation changes because of wind is part of making your wind call
Yea. I was referring to the writing your info on a card and tapping it to the rifle. Does Kestrel range for you and spit out a solution?

Yea. I was referring to the writing your info on a card and tapping it to the rifle. Does Kestrel range for you and spit out a solution?
My rangefinder tells me my range, I already know my environmentals, a quick glance at my card for moderate ranges and I'm away. For longer range I like to take the time and attempt to properly gauge the wind instead of relying on a device that telling me the wind at my location, but each to their own

I like to use the printed out card. Its simple and easy to use. And for changing conditions, it only takes +-1 click at 1000yds per 30f and +-1 click per 1InHG, which is roughly 1000ft elevation change.

Its pretty minimal and easy to account for

I've had and used the Sig and the Gunwerks rangefinders and they work but I can't deal with the lack of real-time wind solution so I'm back to the Leica, Kestrel and AB app and if I need to speed it up I run a BDC turret with moa markings. That lets me take my time and dead on dial for elk or grip it and rip it if a wolf is in front of me. The best solution I put together then sold was the Kestrel elite to my phone in my pocket, never had an issue with cold and my wind solution was perfect. My next set up will be a Leica 2800.com and a Kestrel elite.
The Whiz Wheels are kinda a cool little back up, if I ever settled on one rifle I'd have one in my pack at all times as a battery back up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.