Fireforming Brass 338 Lap Imp and 6.5 Lap Imp.

HammerB1

Official LRH Sponsor
Having a 338 Lapua Imp and 6.5 x 47 Lapua Imp built and need some load data to fireform brass without sending bullets down the tube. Plan on using cornmeal for filler on top of powder charge. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

I can't help you much on this , other than to say I think guys are using pistol powders like Unique. Having said that, I just shoot my brass while doing barrel break in and load developement and fireform it then for my wildcats. Also shoot fireform rounds for fouler shots.
Also, I find that my fireforming rounds are just as accurate as my one fired.

I can't help you much on this , other than to say I think guys are using pistol powders like Unique. Having said that, I just shoot my brass while doing barrel break in and load developement and fireform it then for my wildcats. Also shoot fireform rounds for fouler shots.
Also, I find that my fireforming rounds are just as accurate as my one fired.

+1

Use a good quality bullet ,Use a reduced load (10 %).and seat the bullets against the
lands(For the best concentricity and zero head space).

If the case is not held perfect to the center line of the bore the cases "can" expand
with the head and neck off center.

I also use break in ,fouling and some preliminary load development to fire form.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.