Fireform or not fireform?

shootallday

Normally I always fireform new brass, either the traditional way or the cow method. But I am very low on primers, there not even the primers I'd prefer but there what I've got. Not much powder either, maybe a half pound of H-1000.

So I've got new 6.5 prc brass to try out thanks to b-lot banga. This brass weighs about the same as the hornady and volume looks close to. I know there's a good node at about 57-58 grains, I've seen it and many others loads seem so as well.

So should I just work a load up on new brass and not rireform. Will be for deer hunting under 500 yards.

I hunt with new brass with a load that was worked up in fire formed brass….it gives me fire formed brass as I hunt.
I have never used COW to fire form a non Improved case, don't see the point.
I have found very accurate loads using new brass and fire forming brass loads, although my Improved cases all get fire formed with COW these days as bullets are too hard to get.

Cheers.

I had to size these cases a good bit to chamber smooth so accuracy should be fine, I'm worried about the fired ones not being as good as the new but the node seems large so I think it won't do any weird stuff.