Fireform 338 lapua brass to Lazzeroni Titan or Warbird

im338

I know the lapua brass would be shorter by .076 to .066 Lapua 2.724 Lazzeroni 2.790 to 2.800 With it hard to get titan brass what would it hurt to fireform the lapua brass upto the titan or warbird. The neck would be shorter but can it be done. The titan brass wont be available till mid 2021 or later. The lapua brass would be a step up. Need some help here.

You may want to check the case head diameter on the Lazzeroni case and compare it to the Lapua. I thought the lazzeroni was slightly smaller to prevent the use of other cases.

Yes it is .008 smaller was able to run thru my press just fine. Ejects thru rifle just fine also. Just not sure about the length. If 1/16 of an inch would be to short on the neck.

My H&H brass shortens by .040"-.050" when I turn it into 375 Bee, this is normal as the neck shortens when the shoulder expands.
The least amount of shortening I've seen is with small cals from .17 thru .22. The larger the calibre, the more shrinkage.
I don't see it being a problem.

Cheers.

Was able to fireform some lapua brass using cream Of wheat method. Just need to run back thru the press. Load up with a light load and se e what happens. The cream of wheat left the shoulder rounded.

The rounded shoulder is normal, it will take another full power load to fully form the brass.
There is another forum where a dude fireforms H&H brass into a Jeffrey based chamber with no issues, the brass just expands above the web to fit!
I also use the cream of wheat method.

Cheers.

After fire forming lapua brass as you can see went from 2742 to 2.708 lapua on bottom warbird on top. Did not think it would pull it down that much. What does everyone think. Makes it 082 smaller than warbirds min 2.790

Attachments

• 20210106_093945.jpg
    20210106_093945.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 140
The brass always pulls down and out from the neck, it doesn't stretch forward from the web like many believe.
A few firings/sizings and it will grow to where it needs to be.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.