Fired case hard to eject

Still trying. Bought some Win'. factory loaded rounds. After firing, the bolt lifted smooth as a babies bottom. Next I shot 2 rounds at 53.5, (1/2 gr. more than current load but, still under max) bolt sticky. 53.0 grs. somewhat smoother. 52.5 grs. same as factory rounds. 52.0 grs. again smooth. So...I guess my current load is a little hot for the rifle. I mind very little, the process of working up another load. However, I need some advice on which powder I can try that will get me up to around 3450 fps. with less pressure with a 90 gr. sierra bullet. Reason for trying to stay at that velocity is I have a Kenton turret on the scope set up for that velocity.gun)

Still working with my new 25.06. New Douglas barrel on a Rem. 721 action. Currently I'm shooting Sierra 90 gr with 53.0 grains of IMR 4350. Bullets have about .010's jump. It shoots little groups. Winchester case. Annealed, turned and trimmed to min. length. Upon firing, it is impossible to lift the bolt handle quickly, (like for a follow-up shot). I wait about 10-15 seconds and the handle works fine. Primers show very little cratering, (if any). Any ideas what could be the cause? Also, loaded rounds chamber normally.
According to my info, your load is a mid range load, but you might have a tight chamber which is causing you to get excessive pressure. It could also be you have a short throat and that could be causing excessive pressure. Are the heads of your cases embossed or scuffed after firing? Do you have any ejector/extractor marks after firing? Have you physically measured your chamber dimensions?
There are many factors that could be causing this problem, not all of them are loading issues, it could be rifle issues also.

Need more info to really get an idea of what could be causing your issue.

Cheers.
gun)

You are using a 721 which is a relatively old action. Maybe it's unable to sustain the pressure.

According to my info, your load is a mid range load, but you might have a tight chamber which is causing you to get excessive pressure. It could also be you have a short throat and that could be causing excessive pressure. Are the heads of your cases embossed or scuffed after firing? Do you have any ejector/extractor marks after firing? Have you physically measured your chamber dimensions?
There are many factors that could be causing this problem, not all of them are loading issues, it could be rifle issues also.

Need more info to really get an idea of what could be causing your issue.

Cheers.
gun)

Haven't ability to measure the chamber. No ejector marks, no shiny spots on the case heads.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.