Fine Walnut for AR15/AR10?

durak

Quick question - would any of you on this forum be interested in high grade English / Black / or Bastogne Walnut buttstocks and grips? I know, I know, they are supposed to be black or painted - but you have to admit that everything needs purdying up!

Last edited:
Quick question - would any of you on this forum be interested in high grade English / Black / or Bastogne Walnut buttstocks and grips? I know, I know, they are supposed to be black or painted - but you have to admit that everything needs purdying up!

About as much as I want mother-of-pearl grips for my Desert Eagle. Walnut has no practical benefit.
No I don't have to admit that. Name, rank, and serial number only.

I love walnut on rifles which were designed for wooden stocks. But where do you put wood on an AR-10/15 where it will enhance anything? I hope you won't try to argue that walnut with thin sections is more immune to cracking than aluminum or carbon fiber. I don't want to put my ARs in glass cases as works of art. I have no desire to replace the walnut stocks my pre-64 M70 Winchesters. If that's poor vision I'll live with it.

Last edited:
AR15's aint for looking pretty. they're for killing stuff. Mine won't win any beauty contest but critters sure do hate when I pull it out of the safe.

HERO15_prize_7748.jpg

• guaranteeBtn.png
Color: Walnut
Material: American Walnut
Style: Carbine

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts