Find Members

WyoElk2Hunt

Len have you ever thought of a search to find other members? Like if a guy was traveling to a different state and wanted to know who members were in that state or area. Just a thought.

Last edited:
The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.

First of all I don't know if Len is going to appreciate being called "Lem" or not. :D

Buffalobob has a point about the search but it leaves a lot to be desired and on top of that, you'd be surprised how many people don't fill out the town, let alone the state, that they live in. I can see why someone would not want to give their address but at least with the state a lot of things would be easier to deal with when questions come up.

A good bet if you're looking for someone in another state would be to post a question on one of the regional forums here on LRH and that might help you out.

I for one would like to see it be a requirement of membership here to at least have your state in your profile but there's no way to know if somebody would be truthful or not about the state they live in. :rolleyes:

The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.

So how do you get on the map? I can't find myself...I seem to be lost in my own backyard.

I understand and have used the member Map but like you said a lot of (most of) people don't use it. Sorry I upset you Bob but I was only trying to help out. I did correct Len's name Sorry again.

Well, its too bad today is the first of August. Cabelas had a sale on all of July for 30% off on Sense of Humor, but I see with the bad economy you decided not to stock up.

QUOTE=Buffalobob;532521]The good thing about gravity is that it always works the same. There are people who will claim that where they live it works not only down but also up. I have been waiting on them to take a video of an elk or deer rolling uphill after having been shot. But it seems people who claim that things fall up are not very good at taking videos of things that fall up. Speaking of up have you looked up lately? Most likely if you did you would not only get your goozle stretched out but also notice at the top of the page that there is a little dodad thingy ma jigger called "member map". The reason the cat is dead is because of curiosity so I assume you have learned a lesson from the dead cat and are not curious about what "member map' does.[/QUOTE]

UH. I am confused.

Buffalobob has a "unique" sense of humor that some don't grasp. That's one of the things with the "typed word" on the internet. It's sometimes hard to know exactly what the typer meant. I guess that's where the emoticons come in handy as they help to explain things sometimes. I however, grasp it. Now whether that's good or bad I don't know but I think it's just an "old fart" thing. :):)

I guess the difference is that I've read thousands of Buffalobob's posts so I may have an advantage over someone that has read only a handful of them. :D I've got to get a life. :rolleyes:

Buffalobob has a "unique" sense of humor that some don't grasp. That's one of the things with the "typed word" on the internet. It's sometimes hard to know exactly what the typer meant. I guess that's where the emoticons come in handy as they help to explain things sometimes. I however, grasp it. Now whether that's good or bad I don't know but I think it's just an "old fart" thing. :):)

I guess the difference is that I've read thousands of Buffalobob's posts so I may have an advantage over someone that has read only a handful of them. :D I've got to get a life. :rolleyes:
I'm glad you explained that as well! I checked Buffalobob on the map, and was concerned he'd got a bad batch of Potomac River Kool-aid. However the map didn't indicate if he was upstream or downstream from DC. Of course if makes more sense, and isn't surprising that you'd bump into folks there confused about gravity than the rest of the country. :) I'll have to revise my profile to include more stuff, I haven't due to minimal skills with cyberspace and security issues.

Bob I guess I over reacted to your post so to make it up I will invite you to come to Wyoming someday and go hunting just can't bring any of the DC elected officials.
Antelope, Deer or Elk Antelope out of my hot tub oh yes I took the hot tub out and now you have to open the window in the den. Deer have to drive a little ways about a mile. Elk have to go to mountains about 30 miles as crow flies usually by horse the best but the toughest of all hunts.

I will invite you to come to Wyoming someday and go hunting just can't bring any of the DC elected officials.

Ok, it will take me about a week or so to get ready. I called and have one appointment to get the front end aligned and another to get new front pads and then I have to change the oil and put in anew air filter. All my bullets are loaded but I need to refletch three arrows that I damaged yesterday in practice. So the earliest I can leave is next Sunday and it will take three days to get to Wyoming.

Well dam I near forgot that I can't stop because I need to be in Utah for opening of archery deer and elk season on August 20. Then that gets over and I am supposed to meet a SF brother in Casper and shoot antelope for a couple of weeks till we either run out of bullets or kill something. Then if I still have bullets left I have another elk tag in Utah and will need to drive back there to spray down the mountainside with VLDs. I should be through about mid October and will be free then. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.