Financing the Gun and Gun Parts Manufacturers

Michiganhunter

This Administration is having Rahm Emanuel put political pressure on the big named Banks, to limit their lines of credit to the firearms industry, unless they cave in on the gun control issues. This is just an idea, but why couldn't the NRA open a bank, that would be financed through NRA Members, as well as any American gun owner that wanted to buy stock it this bank? "Constitution Bank", or "Freedom Bank" could be backed by every responsible gun owner in the Country, and ONLY lend money to Firearms Manufacturers, and parts manufacturers? If every gun owner in the Country bought $100.00 in stock per year, (or more) we could finance the firearms industry ourselves, and eliminate the possibility of Government pressure from the financial end?
Just a thought. Not sure if it is a "Post-able" subject, or not? I think I will send a similar email to the NRA as well. Thanks for the awesome website Len.

It has possibilities. Maybe now that we are faced with a real threat from our own government folks won't be so apethetic.

People who believe our government is there to help you profit and has your best interest at heart should first talk to an American Indian.

Henry Ford

Thanks for the positive responses. I am going to approach the NRA with the idea, and see if they respond to me. I am not sure about how all of the legal stuff works, but I am confident they would. Hope it can be a win, win for everyone if it gets enough traction.
Thanks again, Mike

A couple of potential stumbling blocks.

1. - The NRA is a non-profit. Not sure how that would work if they start a bank / venture capital / financial institution...etc

2. The feds control the banks through the SEC and the federal reserve and other Gov't institutions.

On the positive side....I do not believe the actions of the Gov't to sway banks away from certain types of businesses would hold up in court. If it did hold, imagine how easy it would be to buy stocks in one company and then cut off the money supply to all of their competitors. Remember, the liberals are all about regulation and oversite
:D

That would be the "things I don't know about", part of this idea? I think this Administration has the chance to seat more Judges is this term, does he not? Also, it seems as though, this group of politicians is particularly ruthless, when it comes to both regulatory law, and Constitutional law? I'm going to send my thoughts to the NRA, and see where it goes? I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to purchase the first "shares" if it blossomed into reality!!
Thanks for your input. You must be in the finance/financial advisor/or business management fields? I'm a busted up Carpenter, with a slight distain for the Government.

That would be the "things I don't know about", part of this idea? I think this Administration has the chance to seat more Judges is this term, does he not? Also, it seems as though, this group of politicians is particularly ruthless, when it comes to both regulatory law, and Constitutional law? I'm going to send my thoughts to the NRA, and see where it goes? I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to purchase the first "shares" if it blossomed into reality!!
Thanks for your input. You must be in the finance/financial advisor/or business management fields? I'm a busted up Carpenter, with a slight distain for the Government.

Believe me, I don't put anything past these bed wetters in DC. We are now GIVING away f-16's and Abrams tanks and spare parts to Egypt yet I can't be trusted with a 30 round magazine?

I would not worry much about the firearms industry getting financing. The political ploy will only put pressure on big consumer banks but private commercial banks will gladly fill the void. There is also lots of private capitol funds who would like a piece of the actoin. Payroll deposits may be more of a pia for them but access to money should not be a problem. The industry is booming and unless poorly managed the balance sheets should look good. Small mom and pop operations may have to find small private banks and that may be inconvenient.

Apparently Intuit has stopped processing credit cards from businesses that deal in firearms and accessories.

An NRA paypal type service would be awsome. I'm so tired of mailing postal money orders it's not even funny. I try my best to not do any business with PayPal. If the NRA sets up a full line online consumer bank it would be great . Don't think it will happen as I'm sure it would be hard to work with their nonprofit model.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.