Finaly my rifle is finished

Riflemanse

Yesterday I picked up my new buld from the gun smith.
The only thing that is left from the original Remington 700 ADL Synthetic is the action, trigger group and the magazine spring, caliber is still .300 Winchester Magnum.
(How it all started can be seen here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f26/parts-comming-together-video-25798/)
It now has a 27" SS Krieger barrel in Lothar Walther #2200 Medium Weight Varmint profile. The trout is cut for 190gr SMK. The barrel has a .850 brake
from Defensive Edge. For bottom metal I have Williams Fire Arms matte blued. The Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50 LRT Fine Duplex is mounted in Berret rings on
a 20 MOA EGW base. The stock is a McMillan A1-3 with Spacer Sytem and a Packmayr Decellerator pad.
The only thing left to do is to get a BDL magwell since the original ADL magwell was to high.
(If you have ont to spare, let me know)

I just fired the first round in the brake in process, I hope it will be finished fast so I cant begin develope a long range load. I might paint the barrel black later on to reduce the glare.

done1.jpg

Very good!!!!!

You've made good selections all the way around.....

If I may I'd suggest painting the barrel a just a bit of a darker green than the green in the stock. Also do the Action.

Then gather up your guts and do the scope also, but in the same green that's on the stock.

Kind of half way "funnin''" here but it sure would look good.

May she shoot as good as she looks.

Looks realy nice and it diden't take that long either.

Let me check in my draw of mag stuff , I think I've got a couple BDL boxes and ADL boxes in their some place.

That's a beauty for sure. You will have much fun with it now that it is campleted. Not saying that it was not fun building, just different fun.

Thanks for all your comments. :)
I dont know about green, I allready have one green rifle for tactical matches etc. The new one will be used more for hunting then on range, I hope.

Here is my "green rifle"

sws-full.jpg

James Jones: That would be great!

Last edited:
Time for an update

I never could get comfortable with the McMillan A1-3 in prone, all other positions it is fine.
Yesterday a new stock arrived which feels very good in prone and I think it will be OK to shot of hunting tower or similar to.

aics.jpg

I havent tested the stock yet since my Leupold is in for service, the reticle was canted to the right in it... I hope to get it back within 2 weeks...
(We have a Swedish Leupold service center so shipping is no time)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts