Finally what the Raptor LRSS was designed to be.... a long adventure coming..

So is Peterson making Raptor bass for you, or are you forming your Raptor brass from XC head stamped brass made by Peterson at this time?

Well, for the time being i am making it from XC brass. However its in the process to be made by RCC in the future.
Hi There Kirby Im thinking of getting some RCC brass ,
have you had any experience with RCC that you can share ?

Last edited:
Hi Thanks Kirby I ll wait and see ! When you developed the 7 mm raptor did you find this case to be the max size for bullet and powders that are available and a larger case size wasn t worth the effort ?

Hi Thanks Kirby I ll wait and see ! When you developed the 7 mm raptor did you find this case to be the max size for bullet and powders that are available and a larger case size wasn t worth the effort ?

i do not have a 7mm Raptor, the 7mm AM is as large as i went for production. Yes a 7mm on the raptor case is simply to much case capacity for this bore diameter.

there doing my 458 barrett brass in january on a chey tac bolt face with lmr primers

I'll be interested to see your opinion of RCC brass. I would hope you give it high praise for the price tag of the stuff.

From all my research and asking people that have used it, when designed correctly, the RCC brass will offer 50 to 100% longer case life as compared to conventional cases. If that is true and it sounds like it is, actual per firing cost of this brass is the same or slightly less then my conventional brass for my 7mm Allen Magnum which i sell for $425/100 for fully formed brass. This brass will have correct headstamp as well!! After proving this brass, i am considering offering loaded ammo to customers..... considering anyway.

after the 7mm Allen Magnum is proven, i will then get RCC to make my 338 Allen Xpress, 338 Raptor, 338 Allen Magnum, 26 Stalker, 375 Allen Magnum, 300 Raptor, 300 Allen Xpress in that order.

after that, will then look at getting the 27 Stalker, 458 Maximus and 510 Maximus brass made. May take several years but hope to eventually get all my wildcat brass set up with them. With the economic situation however, have to take my time!!

From all my research and asking people that have used it, when designed correctly, the RCC brass will offer 50 to 100% longer case life as compared to conventional cases. If that is true and it sounds like it is, actual per firing cost of this brass is the same or slightly less then my conventional brass for my 7mm Allen Magnum which i sell for $425/100 for fully formed brass. This brass will have correct headstamp as well!! After proving this brass, i am considering offering loaded ammo to customers..... considering anyway.

after the 7mm Allen Magnum is proven, i will then get RCC to make my 338 Allen Xpress, 338 Raptor, 338 Allen Magnum, 26 Stalker, 375 Allen Magnum, 300 Raptor, 300 Allen Xpress in that order.

after that, will then look at getting the 27 Stalker, 458 Maximus and 510 Maximus brass made. May take several years but hope to eventually get all my wildcat brass set up with them. With the economic situation however, have to take my time!!
Any updates on RCC communication? Guessing they are running into sourcing problems like everyone else.