Finally trying to be sociable

badthirtyone

Finally coming out of my shell here at Long Range Hunting. I've been lurking and watching for some time now, but figured that I might be able to weigh in on many of the things discussed here. I love the knowledge that is shared here, and the genuine community of quality minds that regularly post here.

I am old and broken, but still manage to carry a firearm for a living. Not sure how much longer that will last in these odd days.

I am an active hunter/shooter/gun-thing'er in the Denver area, but I regularly have opportunities to hunt and shoot throughout the western states.

I have three teenaged sons, all of which have grown up with a love for the outdoors. they are becoming experienced hunters in their own right, as each of them now has multiple big game animals under their belts. That makes me a proud papa, for sure!

While I am certainly not looking to wipe out my own stash of goodies, I am generally up to help others in need within my AOR, so if I have items that will help others within this community, I will honestly do all that I can to keep others shooting.

While I will never post a picture of myself here, I will regularly show my kids in action during our adventures together, for example my current profile pic which is of my youngest (11 at the time). The following pic is from a 2016 deer hunt in Colorado.

Boys with Piggy.JPG

Great post and a reminder if you can always take your children hunting, or just out in the outdoors.I realized this year I'm not as young as I used to be, but I will enjoy the outdoors every chance I get. MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.ps great pic of the kids and the mulie nice to see them smiling.

Welcome to the forum!! That sounds awesome getting your kids out. Do you work for one one the law enforcement agencies?
Thanks for the welcome. I'll answer your question about law enforcement delicately.

Yes, I am a sworn member of law enforcement. I was hesitant to put any kind of reference to my line of work in my initial "new member" post, as I did not want that to be the focus of any of my discussions here. I am not trying to be evasive in any way, it is just that more and more, I loathe talking shop - especially in an online setting.

I only mentioned it because it adds a little more to what I bring to the table in the realm of firearms use and experience.

If you, or anyone else here is in LE, I will gladly discuss anything offline/pm's etc.

Hope that makes sense, and again - to all - thanks for the warm welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll answer your question about law enforcement delicately.

Yes, I am a sworn member of law enforcement. I was hesitant to put any kind of reference to my line of work in my initial "new member" post, as I did not want that to be the focus of any of my discussions here. I am not trying to be evasive in any way, it is just that more and more, I loathe talking shop - especially in an online setting.

I only mentioned it because it adds a little more to what I bring to the table in the realm of firearms use and experience.

If you, or anyone else here is in LE, I will gladly discuss anything offline/pm's etc.

Hope that makes sense, and again - to all - thanks for the warm welcome.
There are many law-enforcement members here I just met a great guy in law-enforcement deputy 819, we organized a trade of some reloading components

badthirtyone - I am unable to send you a PM. You may have blocked that in your settings. The reason I was wondering is because my son-in-law works in LE.

338 dude - I've become good friends with Deputy819 over the years via the internet and text. He's a good guy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.