Finally the Defensive Edge LRKM is unveiled

Sweet...enough said. Another idea along the lighter weight line would be something like a 284 win in an abs carbon 26" barrel. Use a little lighter weight scope like a leupold or zeiss and its the perfect mountian setup. I don't got $4800 but I do got an idea. Or a 338 norma in a 26" would be cool too. Just an idea. Reminds me of a tube gun.

Shawn,

I have a couple more questions for you:

1. How heavy is the barrel? Is it a 5.5 sporter or a #6?
2. What brand of barrel are you using?
3. Does it have a jewel trigger in it?
4. Because of the design, would it be feasible to have a 32" barrel?

Thanks!

Jeff,

We are using Hart 5.5 conture barrels with a long shank fluted. I have talked to them about 32" barrels, that is up in the air right now. 32" with a +P would go 3000 fps without too much trouble still using H1000.

Just sent my check in the mail for one of these.

1. Shawn, you didn't mention it but I assume that there will be either a 20 MOA or 40 MOA rail that is part of the BAT Action?
2. I've seen pictures with some guns having two sets of NF Rings on the scopes. Is this a requirement due to the heavy recoil or is one set of rings sufficient?

Jeff

It has a 40 moa base mounted on the tube. Nothing touches the action it floats. Only one set of rings is required, we put 2 sets on one along time ago because it looked beefy.

What's the trigger in this beast?

What are the odds of those stocks and floating rail becoming available?

Sweet looking rig!

I really like the idea of these rifles. I look at all the things you thought about in this one and am very impressed. I congratulate you on a fine piece of very thoughtful design and work. Should be a winner.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.