Finally pulled the plug on a reliable scope

TBuckus

its been a couple years that I've agonized over spending a decent amount of money on a quality/turret reliable scope. Every time I think I have the right one figured out, another review or concern over weight/glass/best bang for buck/etc would pop up and fog my decisions. Al Gore's internet can be a blessing and a curse.

Well, a NF NX8 F2 4-32 is on my way. I even agonized over which NF once I set my decision on that brand. Planning on using it on a 300PRC.

its been a couple years that I've agonized over spending a decent amount of money on a quality/turret reliable scope. Every time I think I have the right one figured out, another review or concern over weight/glass/best bang for buck/etc would pop up and fog my decisions. Al Gore's internet can be a blessing and a curse.

Well, a NF NX8 F2 4-32 is on my way. I even agonized over which NF once I set my decision on that brand. Planning on using it on a 300PRC.
Congrats! I am sure it will serve you well.

I understand your agony. I was in the same dilemma myself recently. I was about to buy the same nx8 as you did. But then a 2.5-25x52 March showed up at a gun store that was helping an estate. So I went with the March. I'm sure you will be very happy with your decision. I'll have a NX8 someday.

The first one is a shock to your system-the second one is like eating potato chips.
So true! I bought a few guns over the past year. The first one I was hesitant because it was a want and filled little need. After I bought it I opened a flood gate...good times. Good thing the boss lady is cool with me spending her money lol.

I understand your agony. I was in the same dilemma myself recently. I was about to buy the same nx8 as you did. But then a 2.5-25x52 March showed up at a gun store that was helping an estate. So I went with the March. I'm sure you will be very happy with your decision. I'll have a NX8 someday.
That is one that I have been drooling over for a while

That is one that I have been drooling over for a while
Same here! Only problem is the reticle is fine cross hair. If I don't find it works I'll check with March about getting a different reticle put in it. Was still a score up here. Never see used March in Canada.

I've hade my NX8 for about a week now. It's taking a little getting used to but so far I like it. Wasn't able to use the same .885 rings that I used with my NXS. Had to move to 1" because the stubby knob on the power select ring would hit the rail.

I've hade my NX8 for about a week now. It's taking a little getting used to but so far I like it. Wasn't able to use the same .885 rings that I used with my NXS. Had to move to 1" because the stubby knob on the power select ring would hit the rail.
Good to know about the ring height

Same here! Only problem is the reticle is fine cross hair. If I don't find it works I'll check with March about getting a different reticle put in it. Was still a score up here. Never see used March in Canada.
NX8 is on my short list for next scope (always looking for "next" scope, rifle,....). Good luck to the Op on the nice glass. I do have the March referenced above with the Cross Hair reticle (MTR-3) and have been hunting it for last 4 years. It's awesome on western plains, but the background tends to be lighter out west. In the Alabama woods it is also good enough. Mine is SFP, so even at 2.5X I can find the reticle in allowable hunting light. Mine is also illuminated, but to be honest I have never, ever used illumination when hunting. Starting to reconsider this for future scopes. For those that are not familiar, March has a rather unique combination of 2.5 - 25X, 30mm tube and it is light weight (26 oz if memory serves me well).

I did they same thing just last week. Was gonna do the nx8 even had enough points from Cabela's for a free one. But weight was my main concern so I did the 2.5-25 March.
I'm a nightforce guy so I'm hoping I made a good choice.

Clickr that makes me feel much better. This is going on a 25-284 and used to hunt fields. So I think it's going to work. Glass seems great and turrets feels good as well. Mines not illuminated. I had no concern with the March other than the fine cross hair. If the store didn't have it marked down so far for the estate I'd if bought the NX8 as I'd like a reticle to hold wind. But I've always wanted a March.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.