Finally had a little bit of range time for my Robert Gradous 338 Norma

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by DaddyRabbit, Apr 26, 2015.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit Well-Known Member

The weather hasn't been accommodating to say the least between hail storms, the next ice age and tropical depressions but now that spring is here look out! I am just honored to have this guy as a Smith whom I consider to be the best there is bar none but mostly as a learned friend. Many many Thanks go out to my main man "Bobby Ray" who comes to you as Bobby L Swagger for "edjumuhcatin' this ole Redneck or at least trying to. The mirage was so bad it looked like Dr Seuss's worst nightmare but still managed a pretty good group at 400 yds with "factory" BH's 300 grs. When I finally get a load worked up for this I suspect my F-class sticks will be calling in sick. I couldn't be happier with Pimp Daddy Roberto Gradeous's work. I retired 2 friends Savage 110 BA's this day so that was definitely worth it. I know its not a 5 shot group but this ammo is Spensive' so 3 shots it is....for now anyway. Even I can't screw things up with this laser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lckytylr

lckytylr Well-Known Member

Nice, looks like a winner!

3. geo4061

geo4061 Well-Known Member

You have got my attention. How did you shoot that group? Bags, bi-pod and bag, lead sled, high magnification, please explain. Please teach us mere mortals. You and the rifle are shooters!!!! Thanks

4. Laelkhunter

Laelkhunter Well-Known Member

Great looking group, and a "beeeeyoooootiful" rifle !! Congrats on both !!

5. DaddyRabbit

I'm just the nut behind the trigger. Wile e Coyote Robert Gradous made this all possible. It was shot off of a Sinclair rest and bench. The Mirage was pretty strong so I had it dialed down to about 24X to keep the target from doing jumping jacks. The thing is it has an affinity for anything you put in it. I am sure I'll shrink that group with my load work up. Thanks for the compliments guys.

6. gznokes

gznokes Member

Robert is well known for producing superior rifles. It looks like you got a good one.

7. highplains

highplains Well-Known Member

Sweet rifle! Good shooter. I just received my Gradous built &mm STW a few weeks ago. I am waiting for glass… the wait is killing me. I ordered a ATACR FFP to put on it.

8. DaddyRabbit

I think you're going to love it. Very nice selection with regards to the glass too.