Finally, got the accuracy I was looking for!

Jager63

I year and 300 rounds later I've finally found the sweet spot for my Sako 75 .300 win mag. I tried numerous different bullets, powders, primers, powder charges etc, but did not play with COL as much as I should have. Today I finally shot a .42 min/angle group with Nosler Partitions. Until today I could barely break a minute no matter what bullet/powder combo I tried. My rifle likes this particular grain bullet/powder combo to be 60 thousenths off the lands. I've finally got my bear load developed for my spring 2011 Kodiak Brown Bear hunt. Now I'm working on Bergers for long range stuff! I've heard the Bergers like to be right on the lands but I'm not sure that will be the case with my set up. Reloading is a technical puzzle is it not?

It's nice when you have a tough one and it all comes together. Sometimes it's a different bullet, new lot of brass, or many other things. Make sure you try that load one more time to make sure you get the same results.

And make sure that .42moa is taken with single cold bore shots, from center of mark, at your intended ranges, as you will need to shoot it in the field.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.