Finally got out to the P-Dog town - Video

CB11WYO

Got a late start on the prairie dogs this year but boy this spring has been good to 'em! They're everywhere! Hundreds and hundreds! Made for some awesome shooting and great trigger time. Took my buddy Adam, so as to be able to share the fun. Managed to get some of the kills on video. Kept most shots to 350 and under as that's where Adam's 223 accuracy started to degrade past minute-of-prairie-dog :D But we did try stretching it out a time or two with the trusty 20 BR, with a good bit of success. The longest being 690 yards (last shot on the video).

Adam:
Savage Model 10 223, Nikon BDC 3-9, Fiocchi ammo (grain ??)

Me:
Remington 700 SA 20 BR, VX-III 4.5-14, 55 gr Bergers

Last edited by a moderator:
Clint,
Thanks for sharing the video! You gotta love the 20 BR:D
Are you shooting the 55 Grain Bergers?
Great shooting!

-Mike

Yup sure am! They sure do a number on them dogs :D I had quite a bit of "acrobatic/red-mist" footage from 200-300 yards but opted to leave out the more gruesome ones for the sake of viewers :)

Hey CB11WYO I see you are in Green River. I lived there for 6 years, (Hutton Heights). Don't know where your shooting at but, we used to do tons of PD shooting out by the airport, (Rock Springs). We would take the airport exit and turn left under the freeway. Then we would turn right and just follow our noses. I-80 would be about 1-2 miles to our right when we were shooting. Wish I was there for some shooting.

Hey CB11WYO I see you are in Green River. I lived there for 6 years, (Hutton Heights). Don't know where your shooting at but, we used to do tons of PD shooting out by the airport, (Rock Springs). We would take the airport exit and turn left under the freeway. Then we would turn right and just follow our noses. I-80 would be about 1-2 miles to our right when we were shooting. Wish I was there for some shooting.

Hey thanks! The place you're talking about would be closer than the area I was in... might have to give it a look!

nice video, I was out in Wyoming earlier this month for about ten days. I have a piece of land in the Sundance Mesa area which is in Sweetwater county just west of Rawlins on the north side of I-80. I shot a lot of prairie dogs with my built up 10/22 Ruger, it was a blast. They are stronger in numbers and bigger then they were the last time I was out there. Buy the way the Antelope Bucks out on this area are huge and plentiful. Seen many trophy size bucks.

Great video. I grew and graduate high school in Sundance, WY. I have lived in SE Montana for close to 20 years now. My little brother lives in Gillette, he is 15 years younger them me, and he is getting into P-Dog hunting now. I got to go down there this year and shoot some dogs with him in August this year, man it fell good to be shooting in Wyoming again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.