Finally got my Tikka!

seagiant

Hi,
Sort of a funny story?

I'm left handed so hangout on the "Sniper Hide" Left Hand buy and sell section over there.

A fellow there was selling his Tikka XLR Element Chassis for a real good price!

I don't ave a Tikka but knew I would get one, don't care for the other affordable brands really.

I asked about the rifle also but he said he did not want to sell it?

So I was surprised a few days ago when he pit it up for sale at the same site.

I bought it!

It is a SS action, in Match 243, 1:8 SS BRUX 20" barrel (3-400 rd count) with threaded muzzle with muzzle cap.
Was put together by "Moon" at Cresent Customs!

Has a Sterk swept bolt handle Hinterland Alum. Shroud, EGW 20MOA Rail.

To say I am happy with this is an under statement, sometimes the stars align I guess!

Anyone here like Tikkas???

Have the same in .243 minus the XLR and Brux. It's bone stock with a homemade paint job and a 1/2 - 3/4 MOA all day with almost anything I put thru it. Congrats on that betting under 1/2 on that one.

Most recent is a CTR in 308 also a shooter. Daughter took her first buck with it. Relative competes with a CTR SS in 6.5 CM + an x-ray. I'm not a Tikka only guy but get a lot for the money and never had a bad one.

g2.JPG g3.JPG opplanet-steiner-5416-4x-16x-50mm-g2-mil-dot.jpg g2.JPG g3.JPG Hi,
Just scored a Steiner 6x14 Tac Iilluminated scope.

Bought this "used" but more LNIB than used for way below retail.

The only way I have to buy this good of equipment, is to wait for deals.

Here are some pics!
g2.JPG
g3.JPG

I've got a T3 lite in 300wm. Wanted a light weight carry gun for spot and stalk and enough to reach out when I can't get any closer. It hasn't shot bad at all with factory loads, but I need to stretch it's legs and see if I can do anything with it at longer range.

Hi,
Haven't shot it yet?

Wanted a quality scope to put on it and I work out of town...

So time is the problem!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.