Finally feeling some love!!

4xforfun

I had been having issues with my EDGE. i started off with Remington brass, H1000 and 300 Hybrids and LOVED EVERYTHING about life. 91 gr got me good accuracy @ 2840. But, after 6 - 7 firings the primer pockets started going away, so out came the Bertrom brass. Nothing but trouble. PSI signs right from the start with both H1000 and RL33. I scrapped the whole thing two or three times, but it got to the point where I had to do something, as there is no 300 Ultra brass on the planet!!

So, I loaded up 50 rounds at 85 gr H1000 @ 2720 FPS. Shot bad, but I needed to get them all fire formed to see if i could get rid of the PSI. Anyway, I loaded my FFed brass from 97 to 104 of RL33....groups @ 100 to start. Put 3 in one hole @100 gr, so I loaded up 12 more and ran 3 over the M3......2960 FPS with 6 ES.

3 tiny (3 shot)groups again at 100.

Happy, happy. The pic is of the backer as the paper target was damp and shredded on me.

Now Ill fine tune at my 750 yard berm and be GTG...I HOPE!!
20180918_223140.jpg

There is .300RUM Norma and Nosler brass everywhere! But heads seem kind of soft on them. ADG is awesome brass. Better than any other I have used in .300RUM, but only 2 firings so far.
And 7-8 firings isn't bad at all. I have about 8 firings on 106 pcs of my original Rem R-P .300RUM brass, and always run hot. My 50pcs of newer Nosler brass only have about 3-4 firings on them.

Last edited:
check out the ADG brass. Gunwerks also 300 RUM brass available. the ADG is better than the old REM brass and prepped as good as Nosler

Never heard of ADG....and , unless things go south in a BIG way with this brass I'm not changing a thing!! I don't know what the problem is. We talked about it here a few times. It simply shows massive PSI signs at powderpuff speeds. Like i said.... 6-7 firings on my RP brass (91 gr @ 2840 and I took it to 94 1/2 during testing)...was VERY happy about that. BUT this stuff....hell, my fire forming loads left big ejector marks at 85 Gr H1000 with this brass. I have another edge that I load for that was also chambered up with my reamer and it is fine with the Bertrom brass. I even had shiny spots at 97 gr RL33 during my testing.

Anyway, I took it up to 104 grains RL33 in testing. ....primers looked OK, pockets were still as new, and ejection was fine, so I'll put up with it at 100 Gr RL33 if it shoots like this!!!

Tod

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.