FINALLY! After-Market Iron Sights for the Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzle Loader!

Discussion in 'Muzzleloader Hunting' started by Oodalink, Oct 2, 2017.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. jheilman

jheilman Member

Yah I've been waiting for the Curtis LA Mag for quite a spell myself. Now I see they have a delivery date on their website. Both Joel and Chase have been very good about getting back to me with their production updates and there has been a few,LOL!! So I think they are on the way very soon and I believe it will be worth the wait.

2. Foddan

Foddan New Member

Hi All,

Many thanks to Rob Gray for his write up. XS Sight Systems now offers all of the parts for iron sights on a Remington 700 UML packaged under part # RE-0002-5 at $104 + shipping. I have it on backorder - once it arrives I'll post a follow up as to whether it includes all needed parts.

3. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

Now you need to upgrade your breech plug to the new Arrowhead breech plug and never worry about replacing or head space again. Best investment you'll ever make for your RUM.
    http://arrowheadsporting.com/asggen2_uml.html

joseph singleton likes this.
  4. Cutler

Cutler New Member

Has anyone developed a detachable scope that mounts over iron sights for a uml? Thanks

5. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend any scope mounts or rings not be QR. These rifles have a lot of recoil which can and will tear up scopes and mounts.

6. Ben Keller

Ben Keller Well-Known Member

Good stuff thanks for the info

7. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Member

Can't one use non electronic reflex sights in those states listed? Trijicon RMR duel illumination or similar?

8. Mitchell Langley

Mitchell Langley New Member

On the front sight would you shoot using the top of the sight in the peep just wandering because I have to change mine as well

9. Mitchell Langley

Mitchell Langley New Member

10. Oodalink

Oodalink Previously Rob Gray

Hey Mitchell,
    Sorry for the delayed response! My preferences apparently were never set up to notify me of posts for this thread!
    To answer your question, The tip of the front sight should be centered in the rear peep. I could go into great detail regarding this topic, but suffice it to say the human eye is very good at centering hence the reason peep sights work so well. Good hunting!

11. Oodalink

Oodalink Previously Rob Gray

Jeff,
    Sorry for the late response, apparently I didnt set up my preferences to be notified when posts are placed on this thread!
    I was so relieved to finally find an iron sight system that worked for this weapon that I quit looking once I found out how well the XS Sights performed. I too would prefer a hooded front sight for several reasons, but havent seen the Lyman Target Globe in person and it appears that it may not be tall enough for the UML. The tip of the front sight, or in this case the center of the Target Globe must be 1" high in order to get the proper sight alignment for 100 to 300 yard shots. The rear XS sight is adjustable for elevation change by loosening the set screw and simply screwing the rear peep up or down. Hope this helps!
    PS. I will send you a text message to your phone number in case you still wish to chat.