Finally, 2021 Wyoming Unit 26 Moose Hunt Tag!

Thanks MachV and Blueridgeguy. It was truly the best hunt of my life...
It took hard work, intel and help from many people. I was just a small part of making it happen.

Nice bull Cutback. Shot mine in Sept. Wasn't going to high jack your hunt. I didn't have a road anywhere close though.

Attachments

• 2021 moose.edited.jpg
    2021 moose.edited.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
Great Bull wyowinchester and thanks for sharing. He's a stud!!
FWIW, multiple members, on 2 different forums keep assuming that because there is a road close to me, that I could get my truck down to it. (I tried but, I could only get 1 mile from kill site.(road washed out)
My hike from the truck, down the drainage to kill site = 2.5 miles.
After processing meat, trip back up the mountain to truck = 2.5 miles
Then, 7 packs X 2 miles (round trip) = 14 miles (new truck location)
Total miles for harvest was 19 miles.
I harvested my Moose @ about 8:15AM. Got back to Base camp @ 10:05PM.

Last edited:
You had a workout. It took me and my buddy five hours to get him quartered, cut and hung. Packed out a load of meat down to base camp 2 hours away. I had mules go in and retrieve mine. We spent three nights in a tarp on a ridge, getting into them.

^^^ You definitely busted your tail... I think your harvest is even more impressive, in that you were able to close the deal with your bow. During my last scouting trip, I used my bow and tried for 3 days to get it done, but just couldn't close the deal. ( I could only get within 65 yards)
Your Bull is a bruiser, made all that much better in that he was harvested during the archery season. Much respect...

I shot a bull back when I was 50.I 1/4 and was in re-gen forest.I got off ridge to road.Had a 1/4 on my back and I decided to drag one too,but skid road dirt and slight up hill.I was in a ways 2 mile,dont recall.Was getting tired left the one dragging ,then got it to camp.While later I started getting the worst cramps in my calves.Had to call for reinforcements and found a buddy with a game cart too.What a save. I looked at 25 bulls on my hunt

I shot a bull back when I was 50.I 1/4 and was in re-gen forest.I got off ridge to road.Had a 1/4 on my back and I decided to drag one too,but skid road dirt and slight up hill.I was in a ways 2 mile,dont recall.Was getting tired left the one dragging ,then got it to camp.While later I started getting the worst cramps in my calves.Had to call for reinforcements and found a buddy with a game cart too.What a save. I looked at 25 bulls on my hunt
Well, a little late, but congrats on a great bull moose. Pretty new member here. I am both inspired and encouraged by your story. I am 62 and finally drew my WY moose tag this year. Also in unit 26. Did my first drive through a week ago and it looks like beautiful country and pretty "moosey"👍
I'm looking forward to some scouting and of course, the hunt. Wondering if you might share a bit of info. on a good area to start my scouting. Thanks