Final finish daved tubbs

Used it on my Rem 700 Ti in 7-08. This was the 50 bullet, load your own. Had visible chatter marks in the barrel and throat area. After treatment, virtually gone, accuracy seems to have improved, cleaning is much easier and faster now. Load velocity seems to have decreased as others have noted. Shooting 42 gr of IMR 4064, 140 Sierra Pro Hunter, 2660 fps, essentially a one hole group. Will try some other powders just to compare.

I shot 5 rounds through a Hart barrel right after I got my last build back from my smith. Couldn't tell you much it improved accuracy. The gun is extremely accurate.

I Tubb's TMS it for break-in on aftermarket barrels, and FF for factory barrels.
It does work really well, and leaving a finish in the bore that reduces copper fouling.

I used it on a factory Remington 700 308 win. with a heavy barrel. The system removed some visual tool marks, made it easier to clean, and gained me 25 fps in average velocity. I don't really have any complaints about the system, and I am going to use it on another rifle soon. If using this system make sure to clean the bore to bare steel before starting and in between compounds. I used Bore Tech Eliminator to achieve this (in my experience sweets wouldn't do it). I am sure that experiences will vary from barrel to barrel but it worked well for me. I didn't gain or lose accuracy, but the benefits of velocity gained and easier cleaning was well worth it.

I used them on a Savage 12FVSS in 270 WSM a couple years ago. It shot poor before. It shot poor after.

Sent the gun back to Savage and they re-barreled it. So perhaps it truly was a dud barrel.

Suffice to say, don't expect a miracle......

I have used both the TMS and the FF systems. The TMS in my pac-nor to break in and the FF in factory guns. I know that they cleaned very easily after finishing the procedure. They helped my 7 SAUM factory gun tighten up its groups and the others were hard to say. The pac-nor has always shot bug holes with whatever I feed it and it cleans with two patches of CR-10.

Reuben

Ive tried it i probably at least a half a dozen rifles. Never saw any dramatic improvements in accuracy. None got worse either though. One thing i do notice is they foul less and there easier to clean.

I have used them several times. Sometimes they make a world of difference in accuracy.. sometimes they do nothing for accuracy. I have not had them hurt accuracy though. They also smooth out a rough barrel fairly effectively

I had a difficult time finding a load for my CZ 550 Ultimate Hunting Rifle 300 Win Mag.About a 2 inch group was the best I could get out of it at 200 yards.OK,but I felt like it should do a little better than that.I was thinking about getting a custom barrel put on it,but before I did,I thought I'd give Tubb's Final Finish Bullet Kit a try.I was amazed,I could see my groups start to tighten up after the first five shots.By the time I got to the last bullets in the kit,I was shooting a 1 inch group at 200 yards.That was the best this rifle had ever done.The other day I finally made it back out to the range to try a few test loads to see how it would do.I think I'll stick with this one!

I did another rifle with Tubb's Finial Finish.It was a CZ 550 30/06.It shot OK,but I thought it should do a little better.I didn't use all the courser 1 and 2 bullets,they are the ones in the top two targets.Once I got to 3,4 and 5 I shot all ten into the middle and the two bottom targets.The one out of group on the bottom left target was a scope adjustment.This was at 100yds.Looks like she tightened right up.All I can say is,I've been very happy with the results I got.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.