Filler screws stuck

jtr1997

the filler screws in the mounts for a scope are stuck in my tikka. I cant get them to turn because they are plastic and the head is to soft so it is getting torn up. Any ideas how to get those things out?

the filler screws in the mounts for a scope are stuck in my tikka. I cant get them to turn because they are plastic and the head is to soft so it is getting torn up. Any ideas how to get those things out?

An image might help you get an answer here! Does your Tikka have a built in mount on top? Do the screw holes go through the top of the action? Can you feel them in the top of the action when you remove the bolt?

Shoot straight

Bob

Drill them out with the proper size bit for that sized screw...(????) and when finished use a thread tap to clean out the remnants of the threads.

I ended up tapping a screw driver that was half the size of the hole into the screws and then turning them out

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.