Filled my Wyoming General elk tag!

Thanks for the kind words guys, it is a hunt (and pack out) I will never forget. D.Camilleri, we were hunting in SE Wyoming, unit 15 I believe it was.

Riley, U DA MAN!!!

I understand about the 5 MOA miss thing. That's why, on my carry gun, the reticle is in the FFP.:) I can still see that trophy 4X4 and where every shot impacted, just over his back, cus I thought I was on 9X and was on 3X. I can't seem to grasp all variables when antlers are in view. :rolleyes: But, hey, that's what keeps me goin'.

Antelope for me, got it worked out to use the tip of the bottom duplex as an aim point. Cut hair high. It was fortunately a follow up shot that wasn't needed. I like the goat pic Roy.

Congrats Riley. Real nice bull. Glad someone having luck this year. Here in north Idaho thing not so good lol. oh well got till Thurs so back after it tomorrow.

Well done!

I remember that sick feeling (happened only once, but ya *always* remember it) on a non-DRT shot and minimal blood trail. For me, it was with an iron-sighted long shot (~525yds) on a whitetail.... tracked for about 1/2 a mile and found her piled up (was a pass-through neck shot grazed her carotid artery).

Great trophy and I'm sure you'll be enjoying that set of antlers for years to come and the steaks through the winter!

:cool:Riley, you are in a world of hurt. Dang 15! Congrats on the bull. Just think how much fun is ahead of you. You have demonstrated a COOL head, keep it that way and we will be reading about you for ever. Good shooting and missing...lol.

You are my MAIN MAN!!:cool:

Lets seeeee. You pulled the ivory's on the cow and left the horns but took the horns on the bull and left the ivory.:D It's happened to more than one of us. Congrats on the hunt and filling your home with good tasting grub!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.