Filled my Washington Deer Tag

Stevens county and Ferry county are your best bets
Thanks, that's where I've been looking, appreciate the confirmation. Unfortunately, a listing can say "40 acres", etc., but when I look at it in 3D on Google Maps I find that most of those acres are nearly vertical, up and down steep hillsides. That'd be ok for shooting, but it'd be nice to have some level or gently sloped areas, and the prices escalate quickly, the more usable space the acreage contains. I'll keep looking.

Thanks, that's where I've been looking, appreciate the confirmation. Unfortunately, a listing can say "40 acres", etc., but when I look at it in 3D on Google Maps I find that most of those acres are nearly vertical, up and down steep hillsides. That'd be ok for shooting, but it'd be nice to have some level or gently sloped areas, and the prices escalate quickly, the more usable space the acreage contains. I'll keep looking.
Look towards Hunters, Wa

Lol! Good job staying focused! I did the same thing last month. Had my new 6.5 PRC set up for 500 and whacked a nice muley at 146 yards. But like a previous comment, better to be prepared! Congrats again!

Very nice!
This year,
Antelope buck 90 yards
Bull elk (wife) 80 yards
Whitetail buck 150 yards
Sure glad I had my 14lb 28" barreled 7x300 win or they may have gotten away! (Bull was actually with a 260 rem)

You do all that long range practice and this guy shows up less than 100 yards. I was glassing three big drainages with my 15x56 Zeiss. I hear a grunt and see two does running towards me. I swing the binos over and all I see is tines. Of course it's pouring rain and snowing off and on, my gun is under a pine tree 30 yards. I immediately run over to the tree, grab my gun and hope they don't bust me. I make it back to the binos and lower them. I put my gun on top of the binos.
I was busted but they were staring at me behind some brush. I was able to sneak the Berger 195 EOL through and that's all it took.
Nice buck!

You do all that long range practice and this guy shows up less than 100 yards. I was glassing three big drainages with my 15x56 Zeiss. I hear a grunt and see two does running towards me. I swing the binos over and all I see is tines. Of course it's pouring rain and snowing off and on, my gun is under a pine tree 30 yards. I immediately run over to the tree, grab my gun and hope they don't bust me. I make it back to the binos and lower them. I put my gun on top of the binos.
I was busted but they were staring at me behind some brush. I was able to sneak the Berger 195 EOL through and that's all it took.
From the loose skin on his neck, I would be keen to believe he has spent the past few months making lots of babies for your upcoming seasons. Don't stop with the long-range practice. Your time is coming. Magnificant animal.

From the loose skin on his neck, I would be keen to believe he has spent the past few months making lots of babies for your upcoming seasons. Don't stop with the long-range practice. Your time is coming. Magnificant animal.
First thing we said. Looked like he was run down.

Great buck friend! A couple years ago I was practicing out to 200 yards with my .454 Casull revolver, even got a marmot at 212 yds. Second day of elk hunting a cow walks out maybe 10 feet away and stands looking at me. When she started casually walking away I drew and shot her at 15 paces. All the practice was fun though.

Great buck friend! A couple years ago I was practicing out to 200 yards with my .454 Casull revolver, even got a marmot at 212 yds. Second day of elk hunting a cow walks out maybe 10 feet away and stands looking at me. When she started casually walking away I drew and shot her at 15 paces. All the practice was fun though.
What did that cow think about all that stuff?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.