Filled my late season whitetail tag

Tikkamike

Went out this evening to explore a new spot and ended up not finding much for places to ambush I Finally i settled on a tiny little spot where i could see a couple openings. About 30mins in i got bored and stood up so i could see more and almost immediatly i spotted some antlers in the tall grass.Following a doe at about 150 yards.... I watched him for a while and decided to pass on it cause he didnt look big enough. Then when they got out to about 300 his doe winded me and took off and he followed. This is when i saw how wide he was and decided maybe i better shoot him. He was running quartering so i put my cross hairs on the front of the shoulder and let a 160tsx fly out of my 7mm. It hit pretty far back but the tsx did its job.

2012-11-17_21-14-18_636.jpg

2012-11-17_20-40-58_696.jpg

2012-11-17_20-40-06_166.jpg

2012-11-18_10-40-33_229.jpg

2012-11-18_10-40-40_761.jpg

+1 with Bravo 4.
There are some great shooters who never seem to be able to close the deal when hunting - then there are just a very few like you Mike who seem to be natural born killers, always seem to get the job done. I'd hate to have you huntin me thats for sure!:D Congrats on another great trophy.

I'd say Natural Born Hunters. Animal Farmers bringing home the harvest. It's real thrilling once you understand why your out there and can compete with smart animals in the food chain. The way this country is going we may need this skill as pretty soon the only job available will be an Obama job in Social services of one sort or another. I think his vision will have us buying food like organic broccoli and antibiotic free spam in the can from a Federal Government Food store. Learn to hunt!

"natural born hunters" sounds better for sure. Sorry for my poor choice of words Mike. Hope that you didn't take offense at my "killer". I need to watch myself a little closer in this politically correct world that we live in now. But I do intend a sincere complement at your consistent ability to bring home the bacon, or ah venison, elk, or whatever you are after. :)

"natural born hunters" sounds better for sure. Sorry for my poor choice of words Mike. Hope that you didn't take offense at my "killer". I need to watch myself a little closer in this politically correct world that we live in now. But I do intend a sincere complement at your consistent ability to bring home the bacon, or ah venison, elk, or whatever you are after. :)

I prefer killer! Sounds cooler. Thanks for the compliments everyone!. ...every squirrel gets a nut every once in a while!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.