figure this out!

dennis

A friend and I were shooting the other night, started at 200 to make sure all was good. It was switched to 400 in a different spot and we were both 7 inches high.
It was dead calm and the night air was starting to come in real cool and we were shooting over ground that had the sun on it all day other than that i cant think of any unique circumstances. I also could see the vapor trail when he shot and it looked like it had a lot of arc in it. Any ideas?

Were both of you shooting out of the same lot of ammo? Or over a large body of water? Maybe thermal currents?

Now I'm worried, I have a hard enough time holding steady without unseen forces messing with me.

Best,

Dee

I was shooting a 6.5 wsm pistol and he was shooting a 300 win mag rifle. we were not shooting over water but it is low pete ground.

Man that is strange. To both be off 7" high using different firearms of different caliber it had to be some atmospheric voodoo or something.

I wouldn't shoot there anymore, accuracy devils are obviously in residence...

Good Luck,

Dee

Any possibility your rangefinder was picking up on a different object? If the target was only 300 yds and you thought it was 400 that would make sense. Probably not the case but just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts