Fierce rifles

redds

I'm looking for some advice here. I have been debating on getting a fierce fury in a 300 rum. they guarantee.5 moa. It looks like a sako action. They are in the price range which is affordable for me. I have a friend that has been through 2 Christendom ridge lines this year with nothing but problems. So I'm hesitant on spending 2500$ On a problem child. Has anyone had any experience with fierce? My other option is to have a smith build me one a Remington action,custom barrel etc for around the same price that I was quoted. Or just buy a factory 700 and take my chances.

I'm looking for some advice here. I have been debating on getting a fierce fury in a 300 rum. they guarantee.5 moa. It looks like a sako action. They are in the price range which is affordable for me. I have a friend that has been through 2 Christendom ridge lines this year with nothing but problems. So I'm hesitant on spending 2500$ On a problem child. Has anyone had any experience with fierce? My other option is to have a smith build me one a Remington action,custom barrel etc for around the same price that I was quoted. Or just buy a factory 700 and take my chances.

What kind of problems has your friend had with the Ridgelines ? I had a fierce and they are poorly made in my books. I had it for a week and got rid of it.

First rifle after the shot the bolt would stick and you have to smack it to eject the case. Rifle got sent back to Christensens. They said they cleaned up some cosmetics in the action. Got it back still locked up. Second rifle leaves a mark around the case about 1.5 inches from the rim or separates where the mark is. (Looks like you cut the case in half with a pipe cutter) christensens currently still has this rifle and is saying it's the brass. Being used. Only problem is all these are factory rounds off the shelves ( hornady, Remington factory loaded shells) not reloads. The only reason why he is in his second ridge line is because Scheels swapped him out because of the issues with the first rifle

Thanks for the info. Everything I have seen the comments are good and bad or bias one way or another. I looked at the fury at the slc sportsmans conservation show yesterday. Fierce said they have the 300 rum in stock. But when I asked them to convince me why they was better than cooper or other rifle builders let's just say I didn't get excited. Another thing they told me that their trigger was set to 2.5-2.75 lbs and was touchy to adjust down. It was recommended to have them set it to lower or to have another trigger installed. I prob sound like I want the best gun for 2000$ but I just do to want to get a problem child. This will be the first semi custom gun I will buy maybe my expectations are to high. My tikka 7 mag will shoot 5 shots under 1 moa@100 with 160 accubonds. My expectations are a 2k gun should shoot better.

The fierce will likely shoot better, but their finishing work isnt the best. I would think the new Fury model would have even worse finishing since it is their lower line rifle. If you were going to go fierce I would seriously think about buying a sako finnlite and just bedding it in a mcm stock.

I'm not set on fierce. Just the price point. I know that sako shoots my buddy has 2 in the 300ums but won't part with one

I just held a Edge at Cabela's and I was pleasantly surprised. I have a CT Edge on order and will be doing a full review when it gets here. I would say just based on first impressions the Edge is at the Cooper level and a touch above the Christensen. I have smaller Coopers and I love them. I also have a Christensen Mesa right now I will be doing a review on it. If I were you I would look at the Fierce or a Cooper.

Been going through this same debate. I've taken a close look at Fierce on multiple occasions the last couple weeks and I liked what I saw. They don't market as well as they could, but I love their stock. I've tried on multiple occasions to get in touch with them over email and they won't respond. I never did call though. I just don't think they care or need more business and that's fine.

In the end, for the money I was looking at $3500-$4k I went with a custom from someone on here with zero use. It's a better made rifle for the money and maybe even more accurate I don't know yet. Good luck. I hadn't seen a lot of bad reviews. People seem to really like them that have purchased the last couple years.

Thanks for the comments. I will have to call fierce or stop in there shop in gunnison to see if they can convince me. I have also been looking at the cooper long range model 52 it's a bit heavier though,but talking to cooper at the show they commented on comming out with the 300 rum chambered it lighter models. But my other thoughts now From what I have been reading is the 300rum worth it or just stick with the 7rm. To many options out there I guess

Call Dallas Lane, Lane Precision Rifles and don't look back may be a little more $ but **** good rifles also there are couple customs in the classified section that are well worth the money, IMO

My first post read a bit harsh. Their finish work is on par with a factory rifle, but no where near what my few customs are like. There is edges of the bottom metal and the action slightly proud of the stock, with any $4k custom I expect perfection. No sharp edges.

That said the rifle does shoot, in 26 nosler I get 1/2moa groups with barnes 127lrx. I am not a huge fan of the three lug actions, the bolt rotation is less, but you are compressing the same fireing pin spring, so the bolt lift is harder. My fav action is actually the hs precision. Pushfeed two lug, winchester safety, rem 700 footprint.

I didn't take your post harsh, just honest. I am glad to hear the fierce shot for you. I talked to few guys about them, one said his furry was giving him fits shooting around 2 inches with multiple hand loads in the 300 RUM. others said they shoot ok. sportsman's warehouse and cabelas have said they hear the same good and bad feedback from people. Im at the point of do i get one and hope for the best or go for a cooper in a 7rm or 300wm. or have one just built. if i wasn't stuck on the 300 rum i think it would be a cooper for sure

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.