Fierce Rifles -- Insight and Recommendations?

Brydawg512

Hello all,

I am looking for some insight into the Fierce rifles. Specifically, I am interested in what specific models I should be looking at.

This will be my all around hunting rifle, so will be toting it with me on backcountry hunts. I hunt bear, mule deer and elk.

Additionally, what caliber recommendations do you all have? I love my 300WM and am not opposed to another, but am open to other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Look at The Rival , I have had 4 edges , 1 fury and currently a Rival and i would take the Rival which is a Rem 700 clone action. The edge and fury actions are Sako 85 copies which some of them share the same ejection issues of the sako .
Mine Rival was a 7 rem but I rebarreled to a 270 wby with a quick twist . The 7Rem shot fantastic with 175 elites at 3050 fps .

I ordered a CT Rival May 3rd. with the long range package. I'm still waiting. Supposedly all that's left is waiting for the custom turret to arrive and do final accuracy shot test with it. My advice do NOT order a gun with the long range package unless they already have it in stock and ready to ship. My gun was built around end of July. Here I am still waiting for the rest. In fact I had to buy my scope elsewhere and had it shipped direct to them because they said their shipment was still 2-4 weeks out (if that was even accurate). Plus another 2 weeks from when they get it to test fire it. If you want to PM and I can tell you more about my order and some one else's order.

I've had 3 of them. A 300 win mag in the fury long range, 28 nosler in the edge long range and a 28 nosler in the edge CT. The two noslers shoot 162 amax's very well. The win mag only bullet I tried was a 178 eldm and it shot well.

I have an Edge & a Fury both in 28 Nosler.
Took a LOT of rounds to find a load for first one and under 100 to find a load for the second one. They are both true, consistent considerably less than 1/2 MOA rifles
Love the 28 Nosler. If you go with one of those, make sure you have plenty of ALLIANT RE 33 available. It's the BOMB in this cartridge

Like Tgunz64 says leave a LOT of time for any special order. If it's in stock they seem to shoot well. Some more reviews over on long range only.
Bruce
Yes if your not in a hurry and want to order something specific then give yourself lots of time. Like I said I was told about 3 months. If I had ordered the gun only then that estimate would have been accurate. But the long range package ends up being a craps shoot when it'll be ready. If you want the long range package I'd say allow 6 months before you see it.

I purchased the Fury a year or so ago on sale at Cabelas. After break in, first three shots with factory ammo .462" group (7RM).

I have 3 of there long range rifles 2 of them are carbon edges that I bought from them I have custom made for me with thumb hole stocks and one is steel barrel 2 30 noslers and one 338 LM and it took me about 3 to 5 months to get them and thar was before all of this bull **** with COVID came out as of right now I think everybody's runni about 2 to 3 months behind I got one on order now from may and it looks like I might get it at the end of December if I'm lucky so good luck and happy hunting

I'd avoid double ejectors, in my experience they indicate pressure earlier than they should. Otherwise, nice rifles that tend to shoot very well.

I ordered my Fury through Cabelas a year or so ago. It was shipped for free to my local Bass Pro Shop and received it in three days. Sorry, not the answer to your question but only an experience. Problem was only getting in touch with the manufacturer to buy a set of scope rings. The rings are made just for that rifle by another company in batches so you can only get them through Fierce. If you need to leave a message, they are slow to call you back at times just call again later. However the owner is a very nice man to speak with. Really has been a great rifle so far. Did you purchase a carbon barrel?