Fierce Edge vs Edge Carbon vs Fury Carbon

Westernhunter6

Well Santa Clause was good to me this year and gave me enough Bass Pro gift cards to go get a new gun (yes my wife is awesome!). I've really been interested in the Fierce rifles and their 1/2 moa guarantee and have been saving up for a while to get one. Now I'm stuck on which one I want. I plan on getting one in 7mm Remington Magnum. If all goes well, this will be my new go to hunting rifle and long range practice gun. I mostly hunt open country for mule deer, elk, and antelope where 300-500+ yard shots are not out of the ordinary. I also plan on working on extending my range to 700+ yards for situations where its necessary. My hunting consists of both day hunts, and multiple night backcountry trips. So what is everyone's opinion on the different Fierce models? Or other guns/options offered through Bass Pro/Cabelas? I would love to get a rifle built, but I just can't justify spending that kind of cash right now. I would like to keep the gun only to under $3,000, but that's not a hard stop if I needed to go over a little bit.

Like... how many gift cards are we talking here?

The new Carbon Rival tickles my fancy in all the right private spots but, honestly. the standard Fury with the metal barrel is almost as light and frankly I'd rather keep the funds for other things like... ammo (if we can ever get it again).

If you are in CA like me(says SoCal on your avatar) then make sure the barrel has a fast enough twist to spin the non-lead bullets you want to shoot. For $3K you are getting close to the price of a custom.

Like... how many gift cards are we talking here?

The new Carbon Rival tickles my fancy in all the right private spots but, honestly. the standard Fury with the metal barrel is almost as light and frankly I'd rather keep the funds for other things like... ammo (if we can ever get it again).
I'm sitting on about $2,300 in gift cards. I've been saving them for a long while! 😬 That's the battle I've been having. Im a fan of sako actions and I really like the carbon edge, but the practical side of me says to go with the fury and use money elsewhere. The struggle is real. Haha

If you are in CA like me(says SoCal on your avatar) then make sure the barrel has a fast enough twist to spin the non-lead bullets you want to shoot. For $3K you are getting close to the price of a custom.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm still in CA. That's one of the things I like about the fierce rifles is they come with faster twist barrels than most production guns. The 7 rm is 1:8.5. I'm thinking about trying some of the hammer hunters and using them for both out of state and in state hunting. I'm not a fan of the whole nonlead thing, but it seems like the people at hammer are onto something.

I have 2 currently and had 2 others
All CT's. All shot really well. Sold two to buddy's that shot them a couple times and wouldn't leave me alone and begging me to sell it to them lol

The new Carbon Rival is on my wish list. I really like vertical grip stocks and this one looks pretty solid. If it came in a 300 H&H, I would own one now.

I have 2 currently and had 2 others
All CT's. All shot really well. Sold two to buddy's that shot them a couple times and wouldn't leave me alone and begging me to sell it to them lol
You have had 4 fierce firearms? In what caliber may I ask? The reason I am asking is I recently picked one up in .280 ai they have a certified target .344 inch three shot group with 140 grain accubonds. The issue is I can get 160 accubonds and 150 accubond long range ammunition. With your experience how do you think my rifle will react between those two choices in ammunition?

tanx
Steve

You have had 4 fierce firearms? In what caliber may I ask? The reason I am asking is I recently picked one up in .280 ai they have a certified target .344 inch three shot group with 140 grain accubonds. The issue is I can get 160 accubonds and 150 accubond long range ammunition. With your experience how do you think my rifle will react between those two choices in ammunition?

tanx
Steve

I've have had a 26 nosler, 7 lrm and still have a 6.5x284 and 338 lapua
All CT's
Buy a box of each and try them.
It comes down to twist rate and stability. The light bullets work better with a slower twist barrel.
Berger has a bullet stability calculator so you can input all the data and it will punch out if it's stable or not.

A quick update. I decided to go with the carbon edge in 7rm. Now I get to wait for some brass to become available to start load development. Thank you everyone for your input.