Fierce 300 WM load result 180 Accubond

nortac

For you Fierce 300WM owners I wanted to share a couple of accuracy nodes I have found with mine. This may or may not translate to other Fierce rifles but I thought I would share.
I've tried numerous powders with the 180 Accubond and have had decent success but these two loads have been super for this rifle with respectable velocity. 4000-MR hits around 3050 while H1000 hits around 3080 and provides a slight advantage in accuracy. Both loads running .020 off the lands.
Below are few targets I kept. This has been very repeatable. If you have been struggling with the Fierce Edge I hope this helps find a sweet spot. All are three (3) shot groups.

Last edited:
Id take the H1000 loads due to temp stability and availability.
Not a fan of double based powers.

Great groups.

I agree with you on H1000. I have a bunch of 4000-MR when common powder was hard to find a few years ago. 4000-MR works well for this rifle but H1000 works mo'better. Just nice to have options when needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.