FIELD TESTING SHERMAN SHORT ADG BRASS

After a little more testing with the new brass it really has let me work up to a lot higher speed than I could have with the Norma brass. I am shooting a top end load getting a slight extractor mark but no sticky and primer pockets are still going strong and tight.

I was able to shoot this 3 shot group that came in right at 1 5/8" (ignore the 6.5 hole in the target) at 510 yards!!!! Made a few more up last night and ran over the magneto (225 ELD-M RL 26 and Fed 210 GM at .010" off lands) which was looking really good until the last shot which really opened up my ES. The 225 is screaming out at 2869, 2863, 2873, and finally 2843. The last shot has me a little puzzled but I havent had time to measure the case against the others and see if the neck ended up a different thickness when I turned it or if I was off by a kernel or two of powder...
20180818_085558.jpg

If I can crawl out of bed early enough tomorrow I'll attempt some real long range paper punching and maybe get some more loaded up with the 270ss and rl 26 with the 165 matrix again.

Well folks, ALL of the pre orders are now shipped!! Everyone should have their brass by this weekend, or very early next week. If you put in a pre order, and your brass doesn't show up, please let me know asap!
For those who have not ordered and may need brass in the next 2-3 months, I still have some available that will be sold first come first served.
I want to thank everyone very much for your support! This has been quite an adventure, and its not over yet. We have plans for more product additions in the near future.

I fireformed one piece using my false chamber in a 12 gauge. It grows more in length with cream of wheat vs. actual firing. Sized it down to correct headspace and turned the necks. The necks on mine started at .017". I didn't want Rich to spend more time turning necks for me since I turn mine after fireforming. I've got properly headspaced brass, necks turned and sharp, fully formed shoulders after a single firing. So much easier than dealing with 7 SAUM! If time is money this brass is worth every penny even it were to last only ten firings but the testing Rich has done proves it'll last much longer than that.

Buy it!!!

What cartridge is best for a short barrel for the used of a suppressor? For getting the highest bullet velocity for weight of projectile.
Say a 20" barrel.
A 30 cal bullet with a 200-215 grain weight
A 6.5 cal bullet with a 140-150 grain weight
A 7mm bullet with a 168-195 grain weight

Brian

I'm building a 20 inch 7 SS to run suppressed. Plan is to run the 162 ELD, 180 VLD and the 195 EOL. I have about 8-10 powders to test, and Quickload shows many of them yielding great velocity with 100% powder burn. I'm looking forward to my new compact power house...

I love efficiency!

My new Origin action is shipping this month, just need someone to spin me up a prefit for it @bigngreen

Last edited:
I'm building a 20 inch 7 SS to run suppressed. Plan is to run the 162 ELD, 180 VLD and the 195 EOL. I have about 8-10 powders to test, and Quickload shows many of them yielding great velocity with 100% powder burn. I'm looking forward to my new compact power house...

I love efficiency!

My new Origin action is shipping this month, just need someone to spin me up a prefit for it @bigngreen

I know Patriot Valley Arms can spin you up a shouldered prefit. Absolute top knotch barrells!

http://patriotvalleyarms.com/bighorn-arms-origin-match-barrel/

Just now seeing this, haven't been home in a month. Likely wont make it back till Christmas. As it turns out Dental School is as hard as they say lol. Been swamped lately. Will check on the brass tomorrow morning though i imagine it's there. I need to go ahead and get that proof to David but i imagine that wont happen till December/January now. Likely run the short 6.5x47 this season. Interested to see everyone's results.

Sorry you had to do all that turning Rich, that blows. Shows to your dedication though which is pretty awesome. Glad all is going well.

Just now seeing this, haven't been home in a month. Likely wont make it back till Christmas. As it turns out Dental School is as hard as they say lol. Been swamped lately. Will check on the brass tomorrow morning though i imagine it's there. I need to go ahead and get that proof to David but i imagine that wont happen till December/January now. Likely run the short 6.5x47 this season. Interested to see everyone's results.

Sorry you had to do all that turning Rich, that blows. Shows to your dedication though which is pretty awesome. Glad all is going well.

We'll, I'm pretty good at neck turning now!
Can't be as bad as dental school but I'm pretty sure the cost/tooth is more than the cost/brass:eek:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.