Field results: Berger 230gr match hybrid target

gznokes

This past season I decided to change the bullet I was firing from my .300 Win Mag (Remington 700 action) during hunting season. Even though it is not advertised as a hunting round, after reading some of the posts on this site and consulting with some people I know who use them, I decided to go with the Berger .230 Gr match target hybrid, Remington Brass, 74.3 gr Retumbo, Federal Match 215 primers. Measurement at the lands w Hornady comparator guage is 3.885. Chronographed speed was 2830 FPS. I was able to get 1/2" MOA off a bench to 800 yds.

The set up produced one shot kills on a bull bison at 200 yds, a small black bear at 175 yds, and an antelope at 500 yards.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this on here because I remember searching through the forums and I thought it might be helpful information for others in search of field results with the bullet.

Good info! I haven't heard anything but good stuff from this bullet. Sounds like it's very capable at all ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.