FFL Mixup with online purchase.

Report them to the ATF They can straighten them out on the legal process.
???? Report them? As a FFL holder, I find the suggestion to call Big Brother alarming. Most FFLs are small businesses and the free market should determine the successful from those that are not. OP has admitted he probably made a mistake and sometimes mistakes cost $. If the offending FFL routinely treats clientele poorly, the market will drive them from being successful.......NOT Big Brother.

I bought a couple AR lowers on Guns America. The seller sent mine to another FFL in a different state the and theirs to my FFL. The seller called me and notified me of the mistake. He contacted both FFL's and created pick up labels from UPS, UPS picked up from them and both were sent to the correct place. Luckily it was the sellers mistake. Sure sounds like a hustle and an unnecessarily high BS fee.

I'm an FFL as are some others here. So who selected the FFL it went to? Before an FFL can ship they are required to have a copy of the receiving FFL's license. If you selected the wrong FFL to send it to then it is your fault, not the FFL that received it. I have had things sent to me by mistake and I usually ask for my regular transfer fee to ship them back, I do not work for free and I doubt anyone here does either. You should not expect the FFL to take care of someone else's problem for free. Is his charge excessive? I think so but that is nether here nor there. You can go ahead and call the ATF, they are not going to do anything since nothing illegal has been done. FYI and FFL can choose to not transfer to anyone they choose not to so watch what you do and say. If I have a guy getting irate over small things how am I to know that he is not going to go postal with the gun when he gets it? And yes, FFL's have been put out of business over that type of thing so it is their prerogative to not transfer.

Just jumping out there and tying to get the ATF involved over a mistake is nonsense. So wo chose the FFL it went to? The seller or the buyer? Who's mistake was it? After reading see it was the buyers mistake. It is your fault, pay the consequences for your mistake and stop trying to get around it. His fees are way high but you made the mistake, not him and not the seller.

Also to add, him keeping it falls under state abandonment laws, it has nothing to do with the ATF. The transfer was done legally so there is nothing the ATF will do, it is a civil matter.

He is charging an unreasonably high fee, in my opinion and as many of you have said, but he holds all the cards. I have to assume it was my fault because it's the buyer who enters the FFL on Gunbroker. Relying on the free market to is useless because he doesn't sell to the public so he won't lose any customers.
I went to the correct FFL yesterday and their jaw dropped when I told them what he's charging. They said he was just there the past week for the same situation with another customer but they weren't aware of his gouging people. I just think the gun industry and community needs any more bad actors. That's another reason to appreciate this forum. Even though we get into some circular firing squads at times, overall we look out for each other and try to advance our common interest. If any of you buy wholesale, beware of Arsenal Firearms, LLC in Florida. I hope that doesn't violate any forum rules; let me know and I'll take it down.

With every firearm I purchased from an out-of-state source my LGS required a copy of the shippers FFL and submitted a copy of his FFL to the shipper. This practice makes mistakes rather unlikely and it certainly leaves the buyer with no responsibility for a mis-shipment.

It sounds to me like you're on the hook. It's just too bad that the receiving FFL couldn't just charge you the reasonable and customary fee for your area.

Last summer, a friend of mine received a package delivered by UPS. It had his name and address on the label. He opened it up and it was a Henry .22 lever action and a Remington 700 6.5 Creedmoor. It was shipped from California and was supposed to have gone to a Cabela's in the area. He notified the store and UPS picked it up again. I told someone at the local LGS, he said he was have kept it. SMH

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.