few questions 338-378wby

No. Went through a leg bone some ribs and punched a diameter hole through the heart so petals Were gone before they got to the heart. Wasn't impressed.

I've been shooting the X since 1989 and I have never seen that an X fail to make it to the vitals!
I have lost pedals, but never all of them before the vitals.
I have lost all the pedals, but only after smashing both shoulders.
Elk, moose, grizzly, bison, kudu, cape buffalo, hippo, giraffe, zebra, water buffalo down to as small as dik-dik...you name it and I've put its lights out and gotten expansion with with a 270 or 300X.
Some of the early bullets wouldn't expand at all, but that is ancient history.
What bullet weight were you running?

250Gr ttsx in .375.
have also blown all petals off 80gr 243, 100gr 257, 175gr 308 and 270gr 375. The 139 and 165 GMx had all petals left.

If you push them fast and hit heavy bone such as a leg bone the petals come off. Gmx don't seem to-do this. They are a bit harder bullets and expand less at lower speeds but this shouldn't be a problem out to 600 from a 338-378.

I shoot the 375 Ultra and 338Edge and 300Win and never had an issue...Loose the odd petal, but the game usually goes down like the proverbial sack o potatoes....IDK

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.