Fellas, this one kinda hurt.

John Klingenberg

I was in and out the shop today kind of watching an auction site I frequent for this one particular item and I missed it by seconds. I'm feeling a little mad at myself, what say you?
Screenshot_20220516-203936_Chrome.jpg

I understand completely. I've been there many times, and I'm sure there will be more. And I say it's okay, it's just fine. Because there will be times when you score. I'll probably be unloading a bunch of rifles I have, ones I'll never be able to replace. Why? Because all they do is sit in my safe, dead money. I'll use the proceeds for doing things, or getting stuff to do things.

Last edited:
Missing out on great deal is painful and haunts you for a long time. I still have nightmares from the late 80's when I stumbled across an absolute auction on a rainy day. There were only 3 people in attendance. 250 acres sold for $45k. I begged the auctioneer to allow me to bid, but I did not have anyway of proving I had the funds or even a checkbook on me at the time. I guess they just saw a grubby and rain soaked hunter and decided not to take a chance.

Recent Posts