FedEx strikes againšŸ˜”

About a month ago I had some dies being delivered by FudEx. Got the email out for delivery and hurried home. About 8:00pm it changes to, "Business closed or homeowner not home." I looked at the shipping info and it was not marked signature required. besides that I was home all afternoon/evening. Next day they delivered it and I watched the lady put it in my breezway. They never even tried to deliver the day before probably didn't want to make the drive. What really ticks me off is it said attempt 1 of three. So, they even counted it as an attempt even though they didn't try. They are the worst and I no longer order if they are the only delivery option.

Here's the rub, FedEx is frankly untrustworthy, USPS close 2nd and UPS seems to floating to top of the delivery cesspool.

Fellas, I placed this on my mailbox over year ago and it has been a godsend to confirm when mailbox is opened. It has worked like a charm until our son thinks it funnier than all get out to sit at mailbox and just open close open close. Yeah, acorn didn't fall far from tree.

Amazon product ASIN B09CY8N7TS

OK, saw this and pretty much sums up.
FedEx.gif

We've all had horror stories about bad deliveries but what about their (the drivers) stories? Well, I have one I'm CERTAIN this STOOPID mofo is still telling! Let me preface this by stating we've been English Mastiff owners for nearly 40 years, as some may know this is the largest breed of canine by weight there is PEROID!

We had Big Kyra at the time, a 185 lb. alpha female, whom we started on schutzhund training until the bite suit guy said "NO-EXPLATIVE way" but she really had it in her. She wouldn't bark much but when she did it rattled your chest and resonated through the HVAC in the house! This drivers horror story began with a small one box delivery.

He pulled up to the side of the house and Kyra went on alert but not barking, I figured I'd meet him at the door, we had a white security door, the heavy duty ones you can see through from the inside but have a very hard time from the outside. As I opened the wood door he was reaching for the security screen door and before I could even speak she barked/hollered/roared and hit the door knocking him back and dropping the package.

If you've ever seen someone so scared they literally lose their coherence it is quite entertaining!!! Thank goodness I caught her collar or that dude would have had more than his drawers to change!!! Needless to say I thoroughly and completely chewed his behind about opening someone's door regardless if it's a screen door!!! I sincerely hope, at least for him it was a lesson well learned... Karma is an AWESOME thing!!!

Here she is:
IMG_4257.JPG

I am right at six foot and about 230lbs :

IMG_4256.JPG

Mastiff humor!!!!

IMG_4160.JPG

Last edited:
Our Greater Swiss Mountain Dog/Beauceron mix sent a FedEx running a couple of summers ago. Delivery guy was on porch while my wife was upstairs. Kids where out back with dog and my wife couldn't get to the door. The dog heard something and started running and barking. He he's not a mastiff but still 125lbs and a bark like a ticked off German Shepherd. My wife looked out the window I saw the guy run and dive into van. We ended up putting a bin about 3/4 the way down are driveway closer to road for deliveries. Maybe that's why I didn't get mine šŸ¤”
Here are a couple of pics of Merle.

Merle.JPG

Merle-2.jpeg

Just got a call from the neighbor. Picking binos up on the way home! I'll be celebrating with a glass of bourbon tonight! So glad this worked out. I honestly didn't recognize the neighbors house in pic and I don't know them. Still don't get why I had to go through all the trouble to find out where it was and they never even tried to get a hold of me. The lady left a message that she'll put it out on the deck and will be gone after 5:00. Maybe that's best as I'd love to ask "why didn't you bring them to me or call?" Our number is in the phone book.

Our Greater Swiss Mountain Dog/Beauceron mix sent a FedEx running a couple of summers ago. Delivery guy was on porch while my wife was upstairs. Kids where out back with dog and my wife couldn't get to the door. The dog heard something and started running and barking. He he's not a mastiff but still 125lbs and a bark like a ticked off German Shepherd. My wife looked out the window I saw the guy run and dive into van. We ended up putting a bin about 3/4 the way down are driveway closer to road for deliveries. Maybe that's why I didn't get mine šŸ¤”
Here are a couple of pics of Merle.

View attachment 434193
View attachment 434198

Just got a call from the neighbor. Picking binos up on the way home! I'll be celebrating with a glass of bourbon tonight! So glad this worked out. I honestly didn't recognize the neighbors house in pic and I don't know them. Still don't get why I had to go through all the trouble to find out where it was and they never even tried to get a hold of me. The lady left a message that she'll put it out on the deck and will be gone after 5:00. Maybe that's best as I'd love to ask "why didn't you bring them to me or call?" Our number is in the phone book.
WOOHOO all's well that ends well!!! Mastiff or not 125lb dog is nothing I wanna mess with, that's a helluva lot more tooth and nail than I have!!! He is a REALLY good looking dog, Beaucerons are not very popular in the U.S.A; they remind me of a Dobermann on steroids!!!

WOOHOO all's well that ends well!!! Mastiff or not 125lb dog is nothing I wanna mess with, that's a helluva lot more tooth and nail than I have!!! He is a REALLY good looking dog, Beaucerons are not very popular in the U.S.A; they remind me of a Dobermann on steroids!!!
We really like him. He's 5 now and we are thinking of getting a purebred Beauceron from the same lady that has his dad. I've described him as the same. Very smart breed too. Used for military and police in Europe.

Last week I FedEx'd a barrel to a guy. He got an alert to say it was delivered. Before he went home he looked up the tracking info and there was a picture of the item at someone else's house. He's digging into it but hasn't been able to talk to a real person yet.
If there is a FedEx express station, tell him to go there and have them pull the gps where it was delivered. The one person I got on the phone sucked and I never heard anything back.

Good work on your part to get it back but when paying for a service, it should be expected to have those services properly rendered. We have an automatic (remote) swing gate at the public road. I have sign WARNING automatic gate next to it. Both FedEx and ups repeatedly put packages behind the gate. I usually click the opener from 100 yds or so out when driving home and more than once have damaged a pkg that I didn't know was there. I can't comprehend people being able to hold down a job that cannot understand something so simple.