FedEx Deliverers Extra Surprise

I have a 300' driveway and have the sides with the drive with landscape ties. I put up 3' reflective posts every 16' on both sides. Between FedX and Amazon they ran over 12 of the 3' posts and landscape ties. Called Amazon and got not help.
Your driveway is easy, even this 85 year old guy could navigte it!!!!!!! I didnt hit anything did I?

Your driveway is easy, even this 85 year old guy could navigte it!!!!!!! I didnt hit anything did I?
Jim
Your are a King among Princes!
That vehicle that you came to our house was definitely a classic and instead of turning around by the garage you backed all the way out. Just goes to prove that that car had reverse!
Hope your shoulder heals fast and you get to shoot that 50 cal soon.
Jill & I miss your company!!!
Take care my friend
Len & Jill

My diveway is up at a 25 degree slope, If you climb over the 8" concrete wall on the right you will fall 6' into my neighbors yard...probably up side down. If you climb over the 4" wall on the otherside you will again tumble to your death.....LOL. UPS parks at the bottom and walks up to the house. Recently carried four tire and wheel sets up, about 35 pounds each. He works for his pay.....LOL

My diveway is up at a 25 degree slope, If you climb over the 8" concrete wall on the right you will fall 6' into my neighbors yard...probably up side down. If you climb over the 4" wall on the otherside you will again tumble to your death.....LOL. UPS parks at the bottom and walks up to the house. Recently carried four tire and wheel sets up, about 35 pounds each. He works for his pay.....LOL
You are a good teacher sir! He works for his pay is something that has been forgotten in today's society!

crap, remind me to never drop a package at any of your places... most delivery vans simply suck to back up... they usually barely have enough mirror to see decently. I drive a 1 ton Chevy box van 40 K miles a year (7 years now) and it amazes me daily at how pitiful the mirrors really are. My heavy 1/2 ton pickup has a lot better mirrors and it's a 1/2 ton...

I did a quick stint delivering packages seasonally when I lost my job a few years ago. I learned a lot about something we take for granted like getting packages delivered right to our door.

My takeaways:
-we were not allowed to reverse after parking and we're monitored on it
-if we had scratches from small tree branches on the "cars" it was a big deal and a fire-able offense
-the allowed amount of time to deliver a package is really difficult to actually achieve

It made me understand that much like waiters and waitresses, a person lucky enough to never have to do THAT job will always complain about the service that is provided. It looks like a beautiful yard and I can understand the frustration but it's not an easy job. A little black dirt and some seed will get it back to perfect in no time. Better yet, since you will always get packages and drivers will never be perfect, you may want to put in some kind of turn around. I'm just playing devils advocate.

Nope, cannot accept that you cannot backup with crappy mirrors. I've driven all sorts panel vans and never had any trouble backing up. Depends how fast you want to go which is not my problem. If you can't stay in an extra wide concrete driveway stay the **** off it. Delivery BS is not my problem. In winter drivers cannot stay on driveway and run over snow markers a foot off driveway. BTW I worked for UPS years ago and yes they hold your feet to fire but that doesn't give anyone the right to abuse some else's rights either.

Yes, it is a easy fix but why should I have to fix damage to my property from people who don't give a crap about my property. So if someone scratches crap out of your new truck, how is that any different. I will take them personally to small claims and don't care what they make. Don't show, don't care, that's what courts are for.

Not asking for world, just do your job RIGHT.

Last edited:
My drive is 1800 ft up a gravel drive. Knock on wood I haven't had any problems with USPS, UPS, Fedex or Amazon tearing up the yard despite a tight turn around by the house. On the other hand I had a ruptured appendix just before Christmas a few years ago and the ambulance driver ran off the drive on the way to the house not 25 ft from the road. Poor paramedic grabbed his gear and hoofed it all the way up hill to the house... heck of a feat. Anyway, when he asked if I could make it down the hill on foot to a second ambulance I tried to laugh (it was painful) and said if I was in any condition to walk I wouldn't have called for an ambulance in the first place! I suggested we take my truck and just leave it at the end of the drive. You know after they loaded me on a stretcher to carry me the last 25ft they darn near dumped me in the mud next to the stuck ambulance? An hour and 45 minutes later they got me to the closest hospital 20 minutes from my home and as they rushed me into surgery I told the paramedic who had stayed with me the whole time I appreciated his help but I sure hoped they wouldn't send me a bill for their trouble. They never did.

In my area the residential speed limit is 25 MPH. FedEx and Amazon losers regularly fly up and down my road well over the "handcuffed and go directly to jail" speeds. I'm told here the UPS drivers are severely disciplined for speeding. When you make the big brown union money, operations are more by the book. My son's crack-head neighbor delivers for Amazon, said you don't even need a pulse and brags drug tests are non-existent.

My drive is 1800 ft up a gravel drive. Knock on wood I haven't had any problems with USPS, UPS, Fedex or Amazon tearing up the yard despite a tight turn around by the house. On the other hand I had a ruptured appendix just before Christmas a few years ago and the ambulance driver ran off the drive on the way to the house not 25 ft from the road. Poor paramedic grabbed his gear and hoofed it all the way up hill to the house... heck of a feat. Anyway, when he asked if I could make it down the hill on foot to a second ambulance I tried to laugh (it was painful) and said if I was in any condition to walk I wouldn't have called for an ambulance in the first place! I suggested we take my truck and just leave it at the end of the drive. You know after they loaded me on a stretcher to carry me the last 25ft they darn near dumped me in the mud next to the stuck ambulance? An hour and 45 minutes later they got me to the closest hospital 20 minutes from my home and as they rushed me into surgery I told the paramedic who had stayed with me the whole time I appreciated his help but I sure hoped they wouldn't send me a bill for their trouble. They never did.
The Corps Men in the Navy were GREAT taking care us us Marines. You should had one of them. I have to say that they are the BEST BOTHERS for Marines.
I was fortunate to get back to the Navy Ship. Although I did **** one off a Navy Corpsmen and he didn't give me any anesthesia for the pain while cutting metal out of my foot and especially my toes (I was the SNCO at the time and in charge of comms when back on the ship.). The CO of the Marine regiment on the ship found out and all hell broke loose against the Corpsmen. Got treated even worse after the Colonel left.