Federal's new Long Range loads--Long range trophy bondeds

What bugs me so bad about the bullet is that the ogive is so far forward that it comes into contact with the rifling way earlier than a Berger bullet so you have to shove the bullet way down into the case on my Bergara factory rifle. On a custom rifle it would be different. But with this 200 Gr bullet in my 300 win mag, I can only fit 73-74 Gr of powder before I'm crunching powder super bad. With the 215 Gr Berger, I can get 77-78 Gr of powder.
You might try retumbo. I used to shoot 200gr eldx out of a 300 win and I always got the most consistant velocities with retumbo when the case was completely full or slightly compressed. I believe I used to hear one or two small "crunch" sounds when seating. I got 200 gr bullets going about 3050 fps out of a 28 inch barrel

I'm going to have to check mine. I know the bto on mine vary up to .006"
I noticed a slight variance as well. I think with some bullets (not just these) the boat tail is slightly bumpy and not perfectly smooth. I've been trying to find an accurate way to measure from the very edge of the boat tail to the ogive. I figure it doesn't take a very big bump or high spot to throw measurements off by .010"

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.