Federal Gold Medal Match part 2 (155)

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
If anyone wants to duplicate the Federal GMM 155 grain load, it can be done this way:

46.0 grains of VARGET and Federal 210 GMM primmers will match the velocity and group of the factory loaded ammo. Also 2.775" OACL. Due to changes in lot #'s in primmers and powder alike, and case weights, it may not duplicate it exactly the same for everyone, but with a little adjustments one can perfect it. Load it a little more, a little less, seat the bullets father, the list is long for perfecting it. For me it was adding .5 a grain and seating them to 2.830 and the loads went from an average of .617 to an average of .394 with a gain in velocity. Oh and it is much cheaper this way!!
I am still working on the 168 grain loads and have not had the chance to test all the IMR powders. What I have found though is that they are using 44.0 grains of powder, and 44.0 grains of RL-15 duplicated the group and velocity. I deducted .5 a grain and seated the 168s to 2.830 and it shoots in the .020's all day. They are not using RL-15, but it seems to duplicate their loads exactally.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce