federal gm215m primers

Seen some at a local gunshop a month back, first time that's happened in a very long time. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.

IMO its best to buy in vol of use of a year or more that way you always can wait till they make the next run. I buy a few cases and then when I am half way down repeat the order. That way if I have to wait 6-12 months for good deal I can. I think I posted a notice on hear last time I found them on sale so people could jump on the remaining stock. I had grabbed 2 cases.

were the 215m's hard to find or something? I had enough to last and never noticed. the only shortage hurting me right now is the berger VLD hunting bullet shortage.

In the Anchorage area Fed 215M have been virtually nonexistent for the last several years .... and still are no where to be found.

I also got lucky a couple weeks ago when I walked into our local gun store and saw 5 cases sitting on a shelf where I don't remember EVER seeing them before. I bought some, of course, and can't wait to test as I've been limited to CCI BR2's (not necessarily a bad limitation).

They were non-existent here in MI for quite a few years. My local reloading supply guy had multiple boxes full of cases of both the 215's and 215m's. Not sure how many cases they put in a box but he had a stack of them in the corner taller than me

Many reports of 215 standard same performance as the 215M. Personally haven't found any differences in the two. 215M is said to undergo an extra inspection over the 215 standard.

Many reports of 215 standard same performance as the 215M. Personally haven't found any differences in the two. 215M is said to undergo an extra inspection over the 215 standard.

Discussed with chem eng. for Federal at SCI convention and he echoed same as above. If that is true then the one extra inspection must be pretty crucial for Fed to offer/sell another line based on the results of this "one extra inspection"?

picked up 300 at sportsman's warehouse yesterday. my father in law uses these and I haven't seen them here for the last 3 years.

So I picked up a case of federal 215 the other day. When i went to load them I noticed purple blobs on half of them and faint traces of purple on the other. It was so inconsistent I could not make myself seat them. I had a partial box from a few years back and they had no purple on them at all. Does anyone know what the purple blobs are?

Maybe they got a little over-zealous with their color coding? My Federal 210M's have red on the inside. Don't see any "blobs" though.....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.