Federal Edge TLR discontinued?

What was your loading recipe for the 155 grain Fed TLR if you don't mind me asking?

54.5grains RL16. These bullets like a little jump. Good luck!

Attachments

• 34802457-CFF1-4F8F-93E2-85F69ACBEACF.png
    34802457-CFF1-4F8F-93E2-85F69ACBEACF.png
    942.3 KB · Views: 89
I'm getting 3134 FPS w/60 Grains of RL 22. My bullet length is significantly shorter that my traditional 140 grain Accubond - about 25 thousands less. But getting great accuracy

I'm getting 3134 FPS w/60 Grains of RL 22. My bullet length is significantly shorter that my traditional 140 grain Accubond - about 25 thousands less. But getting great accuracy
That's awesome velocity! RL 16 got me just under 3100 but i has pressure signs. I backed off to 3000fps because I don't like to hunt with a hot load and 3000 with a .600 bc is very efficient. I also hear RL23 is also great for 280AI and medium weight bullets.

I have taken 2 elk with the Fed Edge TLR, 200 gr, with my .300 WSM. Both were 1 shot kills at 500+ yds. The terminal performance and accuracy was outstanding. I used the 175 gr Fed Terminal Ascent to take a bull at 200 yds, last season. It, too performed very well. There is slight differences between the Ascent and TLR. The internal construction is the same. Externally the Ascent has two groves instead of one and a bright nickel coating. The coating thickness is more consistent, for improved accuracy, and I got the same velocity with little less powder. Unfortunately I have not been able to get any of these bullets for over a year. I have switched to the Hammer Hunter 181 gr. The accuracy is a little better, I feel comfortable with the terminal performance and I have received the bullets from Montana, a few days after ordering. I'll know in a few weeks if I drew a tag in Montana, so I can give the bullets a real test.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.