Federal Edge TLR discontinued?

letrbuck

I got the same email and thought the same thing--maybe federal will only sell on their own web page in the future? that way they "lock" the price where they want it and make more $ than selling to distributors????

It's a shame, if this bullet could been manufactured with consistent dimensions, it'd had been a great option. From all reports I've read, it expands yet holds 60-70% weight and makes it to off side or exits the animal. Which is the performance we're after. Hopefully federal can get things together and keep this option available! I planned on using the 200gr edge tlr in my 300wsm build for near and far engagements.

I killed 3 animals with a 280AI and this bullet this fall and all had ideal terminal performance. This bullet is very accurate and the bc is spot on. I killed an antelope, huge bodied mule deer, and an oryx with this bullet. The bullets exited the antelope and deer and were in the offside hide on the oryx. Textbook mushroom with long shank. I cannot imagine why Federal would discontinue this bullet?-- it is the only true long-range hunting bullet Ive found to possess the trifecta of high bc, accuracy, and TOUGHNESS to withstand close range impacts (you practice and prepare all year for long shots then your shot ends up being 300 yards or less). I hope this bullet remains available from Federal because I am a huge fan of this bullet.

It's a shame, if this bullet could been manufactured with consistent dimensions, it'd had been a great option. From all reports I've read, it expands yet holds 60-70% weight and makes it to off side or exits the animal. Which is the performance we're after. Hopefully federal can get things together and keep this option available! I planned on using the 200gr edge tlr in my 300wsm build for near and far engagements.
I've been told their accuracy isn't consistent. Yet performance on game was stellar.

Midway's "discontinued" can mean that the product has been discontinued by the manufacturer, or (at least) that that SKU is not selling for Midway and THEY (Midway) have decided to no longer carry it. Point of reference, Lapua X-Act 22 RF is listed by Midway as discontinued (using a Google search - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1270250995) but it most certainly is NOT discontinued by the manufacturer! Actually they (Midway) no longer list it, if you go to their site, but that Google link works. Personally, I consider such "discontinued" listings very consumer unfriendly - like, "Hey, select something we sell and don't sweat what you want."

A couple years ago i bought Nosler 28 Nos brass from Midway that was listed as "discontinued" a couple times. They still have it today and never actually discontinued it.

I've been waiting for the TLR bullets to be back in stock at Midway to try them out in my 280, I just got this email this morning:
Discontinued Product Notification
You requested we notify you when this product was back in-stock; unfortunately the product has been discontinued and will no longer be available from MidwayUSA.

Federal Edge TLR Bullets 284 Caliber, 7mm (284 Diameter) 155 Grain Polymer Tip Bonded Boat Tail Box of 50
Product#: 409445
$39.99

Anyone know further info?
I was able to buy 2 boxes from federal on their website last week. But having one heck of a time getting them to fit in my 280Ack Imp. The bullets are 1.512" long and after I use my existing load data, they won't bolt in at all. Looking for answers

I killed 3 animals with a 280AI and this bullet this fall and all had ideal terminal performance. This bullet is very accurate and the bc is spot on. I killed an antelope, huge bodied mule deer, and an oryx with this bullet. The bullets exited the antelope and deer and were in the offside hide on the oryx. Textbook mushroom with long shank. I cannot imagine why Federal would discontinue this bullet?-- it is the only true long-range hunting bullet Ive found to possess the trifecta of high bc, accuracy, and TOUGHNESS to withstand close range impacts (you practice and prepare all year for long shots then your shot ends up being 300 yards or less). I hope this bullet remains available from Federal because I am a huge fan of this bullet.
What was your loading recipe for the 155 grain Fed TLR if you don't mind me asking?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.