Federal Brass ?

I run it in my 308 win and AR15 with really good success. But it is soft and I get a lot of stretch from in in the AR. I usually dump the AR brass after four loads due to case head thinning. The 308 brass primer pockets starts to get loose after five firings. I can't speak to magnum brass.

Just curious why you all think federal uses such crappy brass? Has it always been like this? They have been using a lot of nickel plated (maybe it is solid IDK) "brass" on some of there factory loaded ammo that I understand is not good for reloading. I'm wondering if it is their way of not allowing people to reload and only buy their ammo. Sort of my conspiracy theory I guess…..

I doubt it's a conspiracy to get people to only buy their ammo. Federal was the standard way, way back. However the brass is soft, there's no denying that. I've loaded mostly mid to upper range loads with my brass that was previously confirmed on a Oehler 35P. I don't have access to the Oehler anymore so I go off the traditional methods of watching my primers and ejector marks now. I stop way before I get to signs of a stiff bolt lift. I generally like Federal brass as it's economical. But it isn't top tier brass, the price reflects that.

Just curious why you all think federal uses such crappy brass? Has it always been like this? They have been using a lot of nickel plated (maybe it is solid IDK) "brass" on some of there factory loaded ammo that I understand is not good for reloading. I'm wondering if it is their way of not allowing people to reload and only buy their ammo. Sort of my conspiracy theory I guess…..
The nickel plated federal brass is reloadable. In fact, I have even reloaded the silver brass with success in 300 win mag. The factory 165 gr Trophy Copper federal shoots extremely well in 300 win mag that I have over multiple boxes and years. If anyone has some federal premium brass in 300 wm that they want to part with, let me know.

Just curious why you all think federal uses such crappy brass? Has it always been like this?
Not crappy, in fact as other stated, used to be the go to brass for across the course matches. Consistent, but consistently soft in the head area too. 30 years ago, folks ran Lake City Match brass if they could find it, then Federal. But even back then, everyone knew the pockets would quickly open up. But back then everything was a lot cheaper, and few cared. (And the competition kept getting better and better...)

It's hard to complain about any components during these days. If you get more than 3 loads then you did very well. After 3rd load my Fed nickel and brass went south. I did not anneal but I know it would not mattered for primer pickets. Good luck!

I've used a bunch of it in 308 and 223. Think it's better than Hornady for sure.

I can't believe it,I just bought a 100 pcs of 7mmWSM federal brass. The question is,is Federal brass good stuff ?
A friend who's not among us anymore bought Federal brass for his rifle against my advice. I asked him to buy Lapua and be happy. I helped work up a load. The Federal brass lasted 1-2 loading and he learned a lesson. Original brass went to scrap and Lapua went into the cartridge case. Presently use what you can get as long as it is the same lot, even Federal. Good luck