Federal brass

I have a 300 WM that for some reason likes those Gold Medal's with the 190 Gr. SMK
bullets? AND I found a bunch for less than 20 bucks a box. Never reloaded any yet.
At that price if they load once I'm cool.

It's called marketing...... if you haven't noticed everyone does it.

... and they have done superbly in their collaboration/partnership with other firearms support related industries and is now an envy to other unsuccessful companies. Despite unwarranted hatred, they have very strong following. $$$ is always the bottom-line in any business ventures, the key is having the right balance. They worked at it hard, the success of the 6.5 CM is not an overnight sensation, it took them many years to get to where they are today. It brought renewed interest in the shooting/hunting world and that am very thankful for. Unfortunately, there will always be haters. I am all about having plenty of choices to choose from and for others to make their own decisions.

Last edited:
It's called marketing...... if you haven't noticed everyone does it.
Yes, but some products advertisements are so obviously full of crap, that it's funny. However, their marketing lies seem to be believed by the unwashed masses...Which is called "wizardry". It's purposeful deception without directly lying, because your average person won't understand what they're comparing to get those claims, they're just hearing what it says at face-value, which leads to misinformation, lies, twisted facts, tall-tales, and misplaced overconfidence. But they don't care, just as long as they get that $$$$$. There seems to be no integrity left in the world of business...It's no longer about the products or the customer, just about the money.

By all means brother, please enlighten me on the specific facts and credible sources. :cool:

Guys, this is about Federal Brass. No issue with discussing ethics, marketing, integrity of shooting related companies but start your own thread, please don't derail this one.

Yep, 3rd firing was having case/head separations. Since I started using Nosler brass, I haven't had any issues, and have over 6-7 loadings on the same set that are still being used.

This is exactly what happened to me. 53 grains of imr 4350 and a 165 gmx should be causing case, head separation. I'll never load federal again

Lots of reasons for the problems I'm reading from guys that have had bad experiences with federal brass! I've been loading federal brass for a long time and I've never had case head separation, blown primers or any other problems! I know how too size cases and never load beyond safe pressure either! Maybe it's user error!

Ok so I went out with loads of 52.5, 53, 53.5, 54, 54.5 of same load but in winchester brass. All new cases and they now have severe stress marks like a case head separation. Just cheap brass again? Never has this issue with the rifle wit other bullets. They don't have any other pressure signs

Ok so I went out with loads of 52.5, 53, 53.5, 54, 54.5 of same load but in winchester brass. All new cases and they now have severe stress marks like a case head separation. Just cheap brass again? Never has this issue with the rifle wit other bullets. They don't have any other pressure signs

Useless without pictures.gif

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Case Head Separation (and how to avoid it ... )

http://www.larrywillis.com/case_head_separation.html

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.